What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are video refs making more mistakes?

Benek

Juniors
Is it just me, or are the video refs worse than usual this year? Every single week there are one or two potentially game changing calls that they admit to getting wrong.

Maybe it's just that they are more transparent now, and admitting fault brings more attention to it. I don't know.

I can understand on-field refs getting in wrong now and then. Video refs, with 5 different camera angles and super slow-mo, have no excuses.

And to make things worse, some of the big errors so far this year appear to be down to not knowing the rules or applying them correctly, in addition to obvious lapses in judgement and common sense.

Micistm

Bench
Yeah, there's been some shockers...there shouldn't be any reason to get a video call wrong, with all the benefits of slo mo and angles...and if something is inconclusive, the BOTD has to go where the laws of the game applies.
It's amazing how often they'll go against that though.

TheDMC

Bench
Totally agree that the quality of vid referring is not up to scratch. Not helped though by dumb RL rules on knock ons and grounding.

I would make a fantastic video referee, but have better things to do with my time...;-)