What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are we after anyone??

eloquentEEL

First Grade
There's no doubt that a coach's influence remains at a club after he's gone. How long for comes down to how long he was there.

I reckon Hagan's influence at the club is gone. Even next year Daniel Anderson's legacy will be more or less gone from the place.

Does that mean we're still under Smith's influence too?

I think it depends on the strength of the personality currently in the role. Sticky will wipe out all influences that came before him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Does that mean we're still under Smith's influence too?

I have wondered over the past coupe of years just how much.

I think it depends on the strength of the personality currently in the role. Sticky will wipe out all influences that came before him.

However, like all coaches in his first year at a club, he inherits a roster he didn't build, and the initial flexibility of the salary cap is determined by how it was structured under the previous coach.

bartman

Immortal
Well I couldn't care less, we're still talking about the appointment of Hagan and the sacking of DA so personally it doesn't concern me.
I thought we were talking about Tafua playing in the forwards at Parra NYC in 2010, which has nothing to do with any of the blokes you've mentioned so far, so search me... :crazy:

strider

Post Whore
f**ken oath. We have enough rep-class players. What we need is more solid first graders.

As we see every season, this year's first grader is last year's fringe player.

great - taulima tautai will be solid next year :thumn .... and if this is true maybe we should have kept shack too :-k

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
great - taulima tautai will be solid next year :thumn .... and if this is true maybe we should have kept shack too :-k

Both probably a bit old to expect much improvement out of them.

Do you think maybe there is some merit to signing young players rather than experienced fringe players like Shack and Tautai? :-k

lingard

Coach
I have wondered over the past coupe of years just how much.

However, like all coaches in his first year at a club, he inherits a roster he didn't build, and the initial flexibility of the salary cap is determined by how it was structured under the previous coach.

We wouldn`t have as much flexibilty now, if some of the players Kearney had wanted to buy had decided they wanted to come and play under him in an underperforming side.

hindy111

Post Whore
PuPou is right-we have the stars
hayne-sandow add hoppa for the year after.Than we have some decent guys like Mannah-paulo-moimoi-reni-
Lets not forget our problem thou and thats forwards.Other than Mannah moimoi reni and Paulo i wouldnt realy consider the others as solid first graders.and you need 8 in the side-10 if including two decent hookers.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We wouldn`t have as much flexibilty now, if some of the players Kearney had wanted to buy had decided they wanted to come and play under him in an underperforming side.

If we had been willing to pay them too much we would have them. Stinking up our salary cap.

#EveryoneHasAPrice

lingard

Coach
The point, of course, is that we have some flexibilty in our cap right now in spite of our previous coach - not because of any astuteness on his part.

lingard

Coach
PuPou is right-we have the stars
hayne-sandow add hoppa for the year after.Than we have some decent guys like Mannah-paulo-moimoi-reni-
Lets not forget our problem thou and thats forwards.Other than Mannah moimoi reni and Paulo i wouldnt realy consider the others as solid first graders.and you need 8 in the side-10 if including two decent hookers.

We have one definite State of Origin level player in Jarryd Hayne, and one possible S.O.O. level player in Mannah. As far as stars are concerned, that`s it. I think we still need another marquee player. A lot will depend, I guess, on what Stuart can get out of players like Lussik, Harrison, Ryan, Blair, Morgan and Paulo. If he can get them performing consistently, and we add Maitua, Moi Moi and maybe Poore, I think we`re are well covered for solid first graders. And Luke Kelly. Don`t forget him. I`d like us to buy Jennings.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The point, of course, is that we have some flexibilty in our cap right now in spite of our previous coach - not because of any astuteness on his part.

Well mate that's incorrect. If Kearney had decided he needed these players at any cost then they would be signed up and on their way, and we wouldn't have so much room in our salary cap for the future.

Eels Dude

Coach
It's just a shame Kearney wasn't a good enough coach to attract those players for a lot less money and we wouldn't be in a position where the only way players will come here is if we offer overs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's just a shame Kearney wasn't a good enough coach to attract those players for a lot less money and we wouldn't be in a position where the only way players will come here is if we offer overs.

When have players ever come to Parra for less than they could get elsewhere?

If you think it's all about the coach, wait and see how much pull Ricky Stuart actually has.

Nobody in the rugby league world expects Ricky Stuart to still be around in three years' time. It's not the coach, it's the club.

TheParraboy

Staff member
When have players ever come to Parra for less than they could get elsewhere?

If you think it's all about the coach, wait and see how much pull Ricky Stuart actually has.

Nobody in the rugby league world expects Ricky Stuart to still be around in three years' time. It's not the coach, it's the club.

so which players go to other clubs for less money?