What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are We Buying Him To Replace Grothe??? Blake Ferguson

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Why are we going to buy a high priced winger when we need a halfback and a few forwards?

He will not come for $120k the price will be much higher.

Eels Dude

Coach
He's worth a lot more than 120k so I think anyone is joking if they think he'll sign for that. Clubs with the weaker backlines like Newcastle, Cowboys or Roosters would probably throw 200k at him.

Avenger

Immortal
Ferguson has a massive attitude and will demand at least $200K. Would you give it to him ?

From what i have seen of Loko so far. All I can say is wow.

What impresses me the most about him is that he works hard. his attitude is great. On top of that he's a freak.

Would not be surprised if he is in 1st grade next year.

DeanPay98

Juniors
Didn't we just cut Krisnan Inu for being on around 200 -250K? At 120K ferguson might be ok. But if his reason for leaving the Sharks is because he wants to win a premiership then joining the Eels ..... [?!@#$!]

I mean I want us to win a premiership and I think we can get there. But sometimes it just seems that we do everything to not get there. Like playing people out of position. Forgetting to recruit a halfback. Letting all the rookie halfbacks leave. Paying 250K for a winger. Not fixing MK's issues at hooker and not having a backup hooker. Muzzling Feleti Mateo. Not backing up offloads. Fielding a team with four 5/8's....

Stagger eel

Staff member
He is on that now. Why would he come ? To play in the centres with Tahu would be the only drawcard.

I reckon he'd jump to play in the same backline as Hayne and T tbh...

I don't imagine our coaching staff would take kindly to his "Hollier than thau" attitude

MrT

Juniors
Mate, isnt it obvious?

are the sharks cheerleaders coming aswell?

Your dreaming if you think Stuart will be taking over from Anderson and that Zappia, what will takeover from Ozzie???

I hope you weren'y implying that.

Now back to Ferguson, as mentioned we Loko who is still young at this stage but would have no problem playing on wing at least next year. One player no one has mentioned is Ken Sio, he could be one of the better wingers to come out of our juniours for a while. He's a natural finisher and has pace to burn.

We don't need Ferguson, I expect to see Sio as replacement for Grothe if he leaves and perhaps Loko given a chance next year if injuries and origin allows. That Tupou kid we have on the wing in NYC could be anything also. He's huge

ParraAds

Juniors
are the sharks cheerleaders coming aswell?

Your dreaming if you think Stuart will be taking over from Anderson and that Zappia, what will takeover from Ozzie???

I hope you weren'y implying that.

Now back to Ferguson, as mentioned we Loko who is still young at this stage but would have no problem playing on wing at least next year. One player no one has mentioned is Ken Sio, he could be one of the better wingers to come out of our juniours for a while. He's a natural finisher and has pace to burn.

We don't need Ferguson, I expect to see Sio as replacement for Grothe if he leaves and perhaps Loko given a chance next year if injuries and origin allows. That Tupou kid we have on the wing in NYC could be anything also. He's huge

The Zappia rumour was brought to my attention a long time ago. Some insiders reckon Osborne was only ever given the job in an interim until the heat went off Zappia.

Latest posts