What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we gone in 2004?

Hollywood

Juniors
I've expressed my heartache before on this forum about the frustration of injuries to key players....just when you think it can't possibly get any worse and the law of averages is going to work for us....it does get worse and unbelievably to the real key players.

Ofcourse I'm devastated that we've lost Barrett, the news is saying he may not play again this season.

I ask the question, do we think we really have a chance now of winning the comp?

A. We need our key players on deck to play the Broncos and Roosters, two games if we were to win would throw us right in the mix for the top four. Two of the most crucial games of our premiership challenge and when it comes to the crunch, our key players are not available.

B. We needed to have a good team cohesion coming into these two games in order to beat them, but now the squad has been disrupted it just breaks the rythmn and momentum we had behind us.

C. I do not think we can win the big games without the game breakers, players that can win a game with genius are required, with so many out, we just don't have them at our disposal.

Twice we've got going this year with good runs and both times injuries have disrupted the momentum....i'm sick of it and we just have no luck in this department. We just have not been allowed to build towards a top 3 or 4 spot.

without wanting to sound like we are doomed, I truly believe our season is on a knifes edge if it's not gone already, and would not be surprised due to all the injuries we have at a key time regardless of who we get back on deck by the end of the season, it's probably too late.

Coming from outside the top four is a big ask.

i'm a bit disheartened. :(

grouch

First Grade
It's vitally important that Barrett returns, and soon. And then when Thompson, Gasnier, Sims, Poore and Blacklock all come back the Dragons will once again boast a side capable of taking the title.
Its natural to feel disheartened after such a bad loss and with the injury toll mounting once again, but all is not lost - yet.

melon....

Coach
Forget the injuries...they devestated us in 2002 but we won.

My question to you is WHERES THE HEART SAINT GEORGE!!?? DO YOU HAVE THE GUST...THE TICKER.?? Forget your injury proned "stars"....you need to find character and soul. Without those you are farked.

Anonymous

Juniors
Hollywood, chin up mate. We can't win 'em all and we've been here before.
We know these guys can bounce back.
Cheers.

grouch

First Grade
Some very early trolling ahead of next Friday nights game, I see. Your so called 'devastating' injury toll of 2002 pales in comparison to ours. Round 18, we are still yet to field our strongest side. We can still win this comp, we have character and heart coming out of our ass, and when we do win it, the word "Clayton's" will probably not be heard.

wittyfan

Referee
melon.... said:

Did they? I remember the Roosters were very shaky about five games out from the semis but then became a big juggernaut. :? Hmmm.

thuganomics

Coach
If i were you, I wouldn't get to worried about it. If you rememebr earlier in the season. You took it to the Roosters with out having Barrett. I have no doubt you could defeat them, especially if the Goosters play like they did tonight.

Dragons Cross

Juniors
The problem is mate there's no way the Roosters will put in 2 performances like that in a row, their loss is the worst thing that could happen to us really. But in saying that its up to us to turn up on the day and beat them.

We are not gone for the season, it's an old cliche but a week is a long time in football. If we beat the Rorters next week, with or without Barrett, then this poor loss will be forgotten and things will be looking up for the run home.

Keep the faith guys, Go you Dragons!

Anonymous

Juniors
Dragons Cross said:
The problem is mate there's no way the Roosters will put in 2 performances like that in a row, their loss is the worst thing that could happen to us really.
I was thinking that last night but then again, the Roosters don't have a mortgage on this.
There is no way Saints will put in 2 peformances like that in a row. 8)

bubs

Juniors
Yes yes yes. You are FINISHED. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Celebrate good times COME ON. :roll:

lockyno1

Post Whore
You are not gone. You would struggle to get top 4 now because it is a 2 game gap between the top sides and you guys.

You will make the 8 but where.

Who would you want to play

Roosters- I wouldn't
Bulldogs- Yes, you have beaten them a few times recently in the finals
Broncos- Yes, both games this year have been close
Storm- Not at the moment, they are almost the form team in the comp!!!

Remember Barrett, Blacklock, and Bailey all come back between now and the finals so POTENTIALLY you are not gone, but it is important to get a reasonable Week 1 opponent!!

bubs

Juniors
Willow said:
Famous last words should always be recorded for prosperity.
ABSOLUTELY.
Read my last words(signature)
Those should be recorded for ALL TIME. :lol: :lol: :lol:

sullyfan said:
melon.... said:

Did they? I remember the Roosters were very shaky about five games out from the semis but then became a big juggernaut. :? Hmmm.

Yep they lost 3 games in a row. But they were there first losses in 3 months.

Do I think Saints are gone. No I don't, the 3 sides that are new to Origin representative games (with en masse players backing up) are Saints, Roosters, Penrith. All three have been flat this weekend. The Roosters were flat last week also as were Penrith. Having a bye up your sleeve is good but you really don't want to be lower than 5th at the finish really. I think Sydney Roosters, Brisbane and Canterbury will be top 3 with Saints, Melbourne and Penrith to fight out 4th to 6th. Saints were done a favour by Souths today with Souths beating Penrith and by Canterbury beating Melbourne so in reality Friday's loss whilst frustrating wasn't overly costly as it would have been if Penrith and Melbourne won today. Next Friday will be a big test for both our clubs very disappointing this weekend.

Should be good next Friday night.

Rexxy

Coach
bubs said:
Willow said:
Famous last words should always be recorded for prosperity.
ABSOLUTELY.
Read my last words(signature)
Those should be recorded for ALL TIME. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The return of the deadshit racist.

Bub you're a grub.

Generalzod

Immortal
I say it's pretty much TERMINAL........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Generalzod said:
I say it's pretty much TERMINAL........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Another one for the archives and indicative of your character.
A pathetic, loathsome, slovenly, abhorrent, abominable, detestable, repugnant, disgusting, execrable, invidious, repugnant troll who only make posts after a loss.