What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we sitting on $$$ for any reason??

Given that Kimmorley was about to signlate last year, we have lost Blacklock, Hooper, Kent, Ross and Smith and signed a Cronulla reseve grader, would I be right in assuming that the club will have a few dollars in the bank to purchase players for next season??

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Try this: pdoust@dragons.com.au

We have had to cut back after the JV concessions were lifted but thats getting a bit long in the tooth now. We have paid big bucks to maintain therep playersas well. But consideing the high playerloss rate, some clarification is in order.
Imo, Its a fair question.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He's been invited to look elsewhere. Souths look like the first caboff the rank but he has to be worth grabbing by any club that wants a strong finisher and a quality threequarter.

At the beginning of the year I said that Hookey was destined for a great year. So far he has scored the most tries and been the club's most consistent player.
This in a team that has been described already as the most dissapointing team of 2002.

I hope that commonsense prevails and Hookey is retained.

i have a sneaking suspicion
all ofa sudden we are releasing all these players not mentioned before to fit under cap
at about the same time the uproar bout clubs with third party payments- maybe we're scared of doing what all clubs do with third party payments
just a thought!

It makes me wonder when Saints won against New Zealand the supposably understrengthteam clickedbut were later found to have backed themselves to do so.
Is the reason for this yearssubstandard performances due to finiancial situations of big name players as opposed to some of the lesser lights?
It seems Canterburys players have all been satified with their payments this year and are performing accordingly.