What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you a cricket guru?

IanG

Coach
Here's one that's a real stumper and I have no idea what the answer is. It came from a Tony Greig Show Podcast.

Who is the only player to play in both football and cricket world cups?

willvillain

Juniors
Rudie van Vuuren. Played for Namibia. It's crazy, he's like a doctor or a lawyer or something as well. He is superman! Except he isn't that good at either rugby or cricket haha.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Thats right he played in 2 world cups in the same year for different sports, good effort even if he was crap at both.

MKEB...

Staff member
one for the trainspotters...

name the three highest batting partnerships in test cricket.

willvillain

Juniors
hineyrulz said:
didn't Sanga's and Jaywardene hit around 500 against SA a while ago?

That's my guess as well, but i thought they managed to go past 600... Either way, that's got to be one of the top three.

This is probably more (bitter) heart than head, but surely Laxman/Dravid's partnership against Australia will be up there as well.

JJ

Immortal
I think the Sri Lankan one is #1 - Sangakarra and Jayawardene made 620 odd
Andrew Jones and Martin Crowe against Sri Lanka still #2?
I think jayasuriya and Mahanama had a very big one too...

If I am right, Sri Lanka would be involved in all 3...

IanG

Coach
Oh BTW that question that Tony Greig posed in his podcast.
Who is the only player to have played both World Cup Football & World Cup Cricket.
Apparently the answer was Viv Richards. He apparently played soccer for Antigua