What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you a cricket guru?

President Lee

Juniors
IanG said:
Oh BTW that question that Tony Greig posed in his podcast.
Who is the only player to have played both World Cup Football & World Cup Cricket.
Apparently the answer was Viv Richards. He apparently played soccer for Antigua

The question is a bit misleading. Sir Viv played some qualifiers for Antigua for the 1975 football World Cup but they never qualified for the 'finals' tournament.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Been a while since anyone asked a question, so here's one for those interested:

Which did Glenn McGrath accumulate more of in International cricket: runs or wickets?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Very good Twizzle. Did you look that up or was it a pretty confident guess?

756 runs vs 944 wickets

Another question: Who is the only player (to my knowledge) to have batted in every position (opener, no.3-no11) ?

Tommy Smith

Referee
And another to keep you busy:

What is the only way Steve Waugh has not been dismissed in test cricket? And who is the only payer to have been dismissed that way in test cricket? And part 3) who is the only player to have been dismissed every way possible in international cricket (Tests and ODI's)?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Tommy Smith said:
Very good Twizzle. Did you look that up or was it a pretty confident guess?

756 runs vs 944 wickets

Another question: Who is the only player (to my knowledge) to have batted in every position (opener, no.3-no11) ?
Wilfred Rhodes?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Wilfred Rhodes is correct.

However, hit wicket and shane Warne are not the answers to the other question. Good guesses but no cigar.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Inzy has been out hit wicket and obstructing the field, but has never been given out for handling the ball.

Btw, according to howstat theres never been any recorded dismissals in international cricket for 'hit the ball twice' and 'timed out' so they arent included. So to clarify, only one player has ever been out in international cricket in all of the following ways:

Bowled
Caught
Caught Behind
LBW
Stumped
Run Out
Hit Wicket
Handled Ball
Obstructed Field

Tommy Smith

Referee
It's not Raja.

And just to clarify, this player may have been dismissed hit wicket but not obstructing the field in tests, but was dismissed obstructing the field in ODIs. Hence he has been dismissed in all ways possible in International cricket.

then if it's not ramiz raja and it's not inzy, by process of elimination, it's mohinda amanath - i don't know if i spelt it right, but thats how you say it, he was part of the indian squad who won the world cup

ocko

juniors
hineyrulz said:
Was it timed out? And i'm guessing INZY for question 2 and 3.

the only person ever to be given out "timed out" from memory is a guy named h sharma in a low-level indan domestic game back in 1997/98. has never happened in an international game