What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Army Polo Shirts

Boing Boing

Juniors
Guys, can we get some suggestions for a Raiders Army polo? As you know, we already haev an embroidered emblem. We'll need numbers adn suggestions. These shirts could cost as much as $40, for the first production run.

jed

First Grade
I'll be in if they're being done.

The Raiders polos are more than that already, I wouldn't have a problem if they remained at $40, although obviously it'd be better if we could drop the price.

woodgers

Bench
I would suggest that when the design and price is right that YOU, Boing Boing and Bay72 take orders off players for both shirts at a preseason function. Those lads are always keen for some Army merchandise. I can tell you which players already have the supporters shirt from this year when it is time although I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask again. My understanding is that some players used them as training shirts so they might require another!

Raider Ultra

Bench
How about a RA version of this?
knownformy.jpg

Boing Boing

Juniors
To a certain extent, yes. It is up for debate, though. The issue is that if people are to wear the shirt, we want them to all be in one central area, rather than scattered around the stadium. It isn't a matter of exclusion, rather an attempt to condense the colour at games and after match functions. We want to stand out in numbers.

I'll talk to Bay72 about this this arvo.

Alternatively, you could join us in Bay72 by buying adding yourself to the list and buying a $100 ticket.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Boing Boing said:
"You fight on the field, we fight in the stands!"

i like that, quite alot, but some old fuddy duddys might think the litteral sense of fighting in the stands might portray us in a poor light

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Boing Boing said:
To a certain extent, yes. It is up for debate, though. The issue is that if people are to wear the shirt, we want them to all be in one central area, rather than scattered around the stadium. It isn't a matter of exclusion, rather an attempt to condense the colour at games and after match functions. We want to stand out in numbers.

I'll talk to Bay72 about this this arvo.

Alternatively, you could join us in Bay72 by buying adding yourself to the list and buying a $100 ticket.
OK, fair enough. Problem is I don't currently find myself in a position where I can attend games - any games in fact. But I might be somewhere else next year which is more helpful re: attending games.

I see what you mean about having the shirts in one area. You could see it even at the Aus V Uruguay game with the yellow shirts. If I can get to games, I would want to be sitting with the army I think.

Boing Boing

Juniors
TiTTieS said:
OK, fair enough. Problem is I don't currently find myself in a position where I can attend games - any games in fact. But I might be somewhere else next year which is more helpful re: attending games.

I see what you mean about having the shirts in one area. You could see it even at the Aus V Uruguay game with the yellow shirts. If I can get to games, I would want to be sitting with the army I think.

For persons in a position such as yours, I don't percieve it to be a problem. After all, we're not out to exclude everyone who can't make every minute of every game.

Raider Azz

Bench
Boing Boing said:
For persons in a position such as yours, I don't percieve it to be a problem. After all, we're not out to exclude everyone who can't make every minute of every game.
some of us have 21sts to go to, for instance

legend

Coach
Have you guys thought about doing some fundraising of some sort to help subsidise the cost of the shirts?

If you could get your costs down to $25 then I think you'll be able to sell a whole lot more compared to $40.

Just a thought.

legend

Coach
BTW, LU would be happy to advertise the shirts in our online shop and pass on all the proceeds less transaction costs of about $1 per shirt if it helps you move a few more.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i think a RA design of something like this could work... i think its a shirt that coul be embraced by Army goers and dot.coms alike

image0006do.jpg

Sully

Juniors
R_69...

We are still trying to get all you dot.com's to turn up to games that shirt would destroy us..

Surely you dont don that shirt....

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the shirts the higher the $$ the better the quality, which i think all are after this year.

Sully

Juniors
I for one would like a polo style, suttle and can be worn to after matches, functions and/or out.