What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Jono078

Referee
I was going to say Schuster made a linebreak and then had a try assist in the first half it was so beautiful. When was the last time our left edge back rower showed that kind of ability and skill.

Yosh

Coach
With Gould going to the Doggies and the Broncos getting in Ikin and strengthening their roster... Are we going to drop even further down the ladder next season? I reckon we'll be down there with the likes of the Tigers, Warriors, Cowboys and Dragons... That's if something doesn't significantly change soon....

Jono078

Referee
With Gould going to the Doggies and the Broncos getting in Ikin and strengthening their roster... Are we going to drop even further down the ladder next season? I reckon we'll be down there with the likes of the Tigers, Warriors, Cowboys and Dragons... That's if something doesn't significantly change soon....
I just cannot imagine us going backwards next year.

I am basing that on blind faith that our first choice spine plays more than 1 game together though.

Spot On

Coach
Yosh - it was only recently you said we would go through the regular season undefeated. What’s changed … besides losing to 2 top five teams?

Spot On

Coach
I was going to say Schuster made a linebreak and then had a try assist in the first half it was so beautiful. When was the last time our left edge back rower showed that kind of ability and skill.
Last time any edge back rower - left or right - did that?

aqua_duck

Coach
That would require us to have a backrower with footwork which none of our backrowers have. If you watch Manly play pretty much every single one of their forwards have either an offload, footwork or the ability to engage the line and pass, none of our forwards have shown the ability to do any of those things on a consistent basis.

Yosh

Coach
Yosh - it was only recently you said we would go through the regular season undefeated. What’s changed … besides losing to 2 top five teams?
First and foremost, I'm as fickle as any fan out there. Secondly, the manner in which we folded has gotten me down. Thirdly, I was quite a fan of Obi but the past month and a bit, I am beginning to think he is the reason behind our lack of progression.

Since Seibold has come in, our defence has clearly improved. Individuals still make mistakes but the structure is there. Our attack, or lack of, has put too much pressure on our defense. The weeks we get smashed, we get no repeat sets. We just cart it up the middle our of our third so we are always on the back foot all game. Also, when we actually decide to attack (the good teams attack whenever they get the ball, unlike us who wait till we are 20m in opposition territory) we are slow and bland. Our forwards haven't improved skill wise, no footwork and no offloads.

Only when we have our best team in their best condition can we best one of the lower ranked sides.

However, watching how well the Saifiti boys play week in week out, I'm beginning to think it's not a roster problem. Brodie Jones and Jack Johns might not be world beaters but they should be getting picked over Mann, without question. Watson is amazing as our lock. But he only gets to play like 30 minutes a game most weeks. I think it's a coach issue.

Now for a little crazy: I would rather see Young used as a wide backrower for the rest of the season then see Ftizy back. Start Jones there and bring on Young to use his footwork and lankiness to make some plays happen. There's my hot take for the week.

Spot On

Coach
Pearce has publicly stated in interview that he ‘absolutely loves playing with Killer’ (Kurt Mann)Yosh. That may be a part of why he keeps getting selected over the guys you have listed above.

perverse

Referee
Oh yeah, because he's going to say "yeah, Kurt is a f**king derp and we're sick of his shit" to the papers. Have you ever played in a team before?

Pretty sure that's an ancient quote too. Start of this year? Start of last year? You'll say literally anything to score points on an internet forum, lol.

Yosh

Coach
Let's say Pearce does actually enjoy playing with Mann. What would Cronk or Cam Smith have to say about playing with Mann? Honestly, do you think they would consider him good first grader?

Old dog

Juniors
Dragons getting beat easily by Titans helps us but we need to start winning to get up the ladder a bit.

Old dog

Juniors
Keeps Dragons down with us so winning a few games gives us 7th or 8th finish.
we definitely need to start winning and with our draw should finish above Titans and Dragons

slotmachine

First Grade
Considering we still have to play the Titans in what will be another home game for them...
Oh, and we haven't beaten them in QLD for six and a half years.

Yosh

Coach
Considering we still have to play the Titans in what will be another home game for them...
Oh, and we haven't beaten them in QLD for six and a half years.

Statistically speaking, the longer something hasn't happened, the more likely it will happen. 6 and a half years is a long time. I firmly believe we will win.

Yosh

Coach
Joshua Addo-Carr recently got his 100th try. Without looking it up, can anyone guess what team he first scored for and who got the assist?

Supporting the Knights is hard but I'm real glad I don't support that team...

Burwood

Bench
Joshua Addo-Carr recently got his 100th try. Without looking it up, can anyone guess what team he first scored for and who got the assist?

Supporting the Knights is hard but I'm real glad I don't support that team...
Teddy at wests?