What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Jono078

Referee
Panthers bashing the Eels but Eels are roughing it right out and are in this game.

Can’t help but feel if it was us here we’d be down by 20 in the first 20 minutes.

Yosh

Coach
How good was RCG the past two weeks. Seeing those kind of performances, makes me wonder if we should let Klemmer go... Is he worth the cap space?

Jono078

Referee
How good was RCG the past two weeks. Seeing those kind of performances, makes me wonder if we should let Klemmer go... Is he worth the cap space?
The tough part to cop is I feel Klemmer was capable of those type of games before he came here. Remember he was making rep sides ahead of RCG because he would look like what RCG showed these two weeks.

I just think Klemmer has racked up big miles early on and yeah he's not as effective these days. Perhaps the desire too, which can happen when you get a nice contract which helps you a long way to looking after your big young family.

Yosh

Coach
The tough part to cop is I feel Klemmer was capable of those type of games before he came here. Remember he was making rep sides ahead of RCG because he would look like what RCG showed these two weeks.

I just think Klemmer has racked up big miles early on and yeah he's not as effective these days. Perhaps the desire too, which can happen when you get a nice contract which helps you a long way to looking after your big young family.
When Klemmer was at the Dogs, it looked like he was there to make an impact every game, every minute, every run. To be honest, at Newy, he just looks like he is going through the motions of a professional player.

ryana87

Juniors
So you think since having kids he has lost his aggression and maybe playing a bit timid so he doesn't get injured for them?

Jono078

Referee
So you think since having kids he has lost his aggression and maybe playing a bit timid so he doesn't get injured for them?
I don’t think that, no. What I meant was when he was at the Dogs he was fighting each week to get a big contract to provide for his family. He landed that contract with us. Sometimes when you achieve the money you seek it does impact your hunger.

Not saying this is the entire case but part of me thinks you could attribute some of it to this.

I’m also not saying he’s been bad for us, but he hasn’t had a performance like RCG had, in a long time.

Johns Magic

Referee
Klem outplayed both saifitis against parra, better get rid of him

Did he? Maybe. He was good as always.

The twins outplay their salary.

Paulo and RCG did a number on us. Parra certainly got what they paid for out of those guys in a big game.

Last edited:

Knight Tales

Juniors
Parra were impressive last night. But if we are being serious Penrith blew 2-3 chances and Parra scored off a lucky bounce. Penrith lack polish but if they get it right next week then you will be brave to bet against them in the GF. Turbo or Cody Walker won’t get much breathing room.

ryana87

Juniors

Could've used his goal kicking this year

Oh well

Could've used his goal kicking this year

Oh well
But could have done without his missed tackles and shit general play kicking

Still Nutty

Juniors
When Klemmer was at the Dogs, it looked like he was there to make an impact every game, every minute, every run. To be honest, at Newy, he just looks like he is going through the motions of a professional player.
I reckon Klemmer was carrying an extra 10-12kgs in his playing days at the Bulldogs and early in his Knights career...

1632124041175.png

He has developed his body shape and playing style to suit Vlandys-ball nowadays- that is what coaches and training staff have asked him to do - they would also know that it has impacted on his physicality (-vely) and endurance (+vely) but that is what they want from him.

We are lucky that we have a prop that has been able to adapt his physical attributes and his game to suit what the different coaches have asked of him.

Some also say he's gotten that offload out of his game...

But I note that EVERY hit up he has nowadays, the first defender ALWAYS grabs his ball carrying arm to nullify that attribute, so while he still looks to offload if he can, he also concentrates on getting his post-contact metres up the field.

Do I think he is as effective as he used to be - no...BUT I have no problem with what Klemmer brings to the team based on what the coaches have asked of him - he has delivered 110%

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Just watching the Warriors trial and a front rower named Garrett Smith scored for them. I thought his name was familiar, and it is! He played for us previously. Looks a solid athlete.

PhilGould

Bench
He was one of the players who followed Clint Zammit down from the Cowboys last season, along with Jacob Kiraz. Both have been moved on already. Smith's numbers were okay when he played but he struggled to lock down a spot in NSW Cup, mostly came off the bench when he did play.

Latest posts