What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Jono078

Referee
Storm easily.

They cheated, introduced wrestling and other shit defensive things. They turned the game into a slow boring grind that turned many fans off the product.

This Panthers team whilst they have cocky individuals, is a very impressive home grown built team that are incredibly dominant and play nice football.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
As a NSW fan it is also hard to like the storm because they had most of the QLD spine in their team for a decade and they were smashing us in SOO constantly, I’ll take this Panthers team over that because at least I want these players to win when they’re playing for NSW.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Yeah definitely a shame for Parra fans, literally weren’t in it after the first 10 mins and knowing their best shot at a premiership since 2009 is gone at half time must be a rubbish feeling. It’s not like they played badly either, Penrith were just a well oiled machine.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Admire both of them.

They are are everything we are not - successful and able to actually produce blokes who can play rugby league.
Thing is you’re allowed to both hate & admire them which is one of the funny things about sport in a way.

Nuke

Staff member
The only time I'll ever go for Melbourne is when they're playing Brisbane.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
I hate Melbourne more only for the fact I have to listen to nonsense about how they invented wrestling in rugby league.

Really admire both though. Incredible system Penrith have.

Bdubs

Juniors
Gutho has been outstanding in a terribly beaten side.
don't agree at all.

Gutho tries hard, but he thinks he's as good a Joey and tries to do everything rather then leave it to the playmakers. He overcalls Moses for the ball, tries to take over the kicking game etc

Watch the first half of the GF and you'll see what i mean

SamSepi0l

Juniors
don't agree at all.

Gutho tries hard, but he thinks he's as good a Joey and tries to do everything rather then leave it to the playmakers. He overcalls Moses for the ball, tries to take over the kicking game etc

He was a handbrake on the edges. Not fast enough to beat the defence one on one so died with the ball often.

Knight Tales

Juniors
don't agree at all.

He was getting pummelled on every kick return. Moses was absolutely overwhelmed so he deserved any, overcalling’ he received. At the end of the day, Parra executed poorly. It was very
Much a case of Penrith being ruthless. No one beats Penrith on Sunday Night.

Last edited:

SamSepi0l

Juniors
I don't think that was why they lost. I think he tried to beat his man each time with pace though and failed each attempt. It's not a once off with him either, especially on the right edge.

macavity

Referee
Think as a Knights supporter it’s impossible to hate anyone more than the Storm. They literally broke the neck of one of our players with their dirty tactics.

Bdubs

Juniors
He was getting pummelled on every kick return. Moses was absolutely overwhelmed so he deserved any, overcalling’ he received. At the end of the day, Parra executed poorly. It was very
Much a case of Penrith being ruthless. No one beats Penrith on Sunday Night.
i agree no one was beating Penrith Sunday night.

My point is Gutho overplays his hand constantly. Sometimes it comes off but the majority of times it costs his team. I just don't think he is as good as other people think

Jono078

Referee
I’m a big Gutho fan but I thought he looked very old and slow in the grand final. That could just be the Panthers looking insanely fit, fast and strong though.

Knight Tales

Juniors
i agree no one was beating Penrith Sunday night.

My point is Gutho overplays his hand constantly. Sometimes it comes off but the majority of times it costs his team. I just don't think he is as good as other people think
If Dylan Brown can play first receiver primarily and control the game Parra should seriously consider moving Gutho to the halves and letting Moses go. Mitchell goes missing under the pump. Brown is their future. The issue is he is not the dominant playmaker. Gutho’s lack of pace is correct. I am not disputing this. He is a smart footy player in my book however and could do well at 6. Won’t happen.

Last edited:

Latest posts