What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Burwood

Bench
And Klemmer looks to be the same player at wests as he was here- just took two hit ups in one set when attacking inside the 10m.

Yosh

Coach
Totally random question but it seems like every ref and every commentator is hated on this forum. Is there a commentator or ref that is liked at all?

Apey

Staff member
Totally random question but it seems like every ref and every commentator is hated on this forum. Is there a commentator or ref that is liked at all?
Enough people on here that no matter who you name, someone will hate them lol.

Jono078

Referee
I never look at who the ref is for our game nor do I ever think "oh no, not this ref". Is what it is. You get some calls and you lose some.

As far as commentators, I really really miss rabs. He was the voice of RL.

I like Vossy the most now. I used to really like Warren Smith but not as much now for whatever reason.

Yosh

Coach
Josh Smith VB Man of the Match. We could have used some of that last season...

With Pezet, if his dad is suck a d*ck, why are the Storm happy to have him? Or was Pezet's dad just a di*ck to us because we are an clown of a club?

Apey

Staff member
I like Warren Smith's voice but it bothers me how incredulous he is over the most basic of events. So just a petty dislike. Vossy is best when he stays on topic.

TooheysNew

Coach
Josh Smith VB Man of the Match. We could have used some of that last season...

With Pezet, if his dad is suck a d*ck, why are the Storm happy to have him? Or was Pezet's dad just a di*ck to us because we are an clown of a club?
Neither of the above.

mozza91

Coach
All refs are pricks. As for commentators I find all the Fox League team irritating other than Warren Smith. I feel like Sterlo was unanimously liked but he’s the only one I can think of.

ryan.a87

Juniors
As bad as things are it’s even scarier to think our current halves right now could’ve been Milford and Brooks, the sad thing is it’s purely good luck that we’re not in that quagmire
That’s actually pretty terrifying how close we were to this being true

SamSepi0l

Juniors
I don't really care who the ref is in advanced. I see them during the game and I get frustrated but that's just petty fandom.

As for commentators, the league is covered so poorly. Very few professionals actually call the games. They all try and make it about themselves or are quickly found out for barely paying attention.
Fox's promo for the league season started by highlighting the callers first, then the game. That says all you need to know.

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Surely Tigers, Dogs, Warriors and Titans are throwing the bank at Pezet.
Dogs already shelled out a $500K transfer fee for Karl Oloapu.

Warriors have Volkman and Metcalf who are both quite hyped, but maybe, they collect promising spine players like Pokémon.

Titans too, have Sexton and Boyd. Guess we’ll see there.

Would certainly make sense for the Tigers but if I was advising Jonah I’d tell him to stay far, far away.

Storm will probably pull a schwifty like loan him somewhere and then bring him back when Paps has to retire, or at the end of J Hughes’ current deal.

macavity

Referee
Dogs already shelled out a $500K transfer fee for Karl Oloapu.

Warriors have Volkman and Metcalf who are both quite hyped, but maybe, they collect promising spine players like Pokémon.

Titans too, have Sexton and Boyd. Guess we’ll see there.

Would certainly make sense for the Tigers but if I was advising Jonah I’d tell him to stay far, far away.

Storm will probably pull a schwifty like loan him somewhere and then bring him back when Paps has to retire, or at the end of J Hughes’ current deal.

Pezet / Metcalf makes a great halves pairing, but lets be honest he isn't moving to Auckland.

Oloapu makes for a potentially great FB, couldn't run two running halves in Burton/Oloapu.

Sexton and Boyd are ordinary.

aqua_duck

Coach
Pezet / Metcalf makes a great halves pairing, but lets be honest he isn't moving to Auckland.

Oloapu makes for a potentially great FB, couldn't run two running halves in Burton/Oloapu.

Sexton and Boyd are ordinary.
I’d imagine Crichton will be playing fullback for the dogs next year with Alamoti taking one centre spot and Xerri/Averillo fighting it out for the other.
Credit to Gus he’s done a phenomenal job rebuilding the dogs with some shrewd recruitment and creative salary cap management.