What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Article in The Australian

eJay

Juniors
Now you see, if a Pro-AFL Anti-NRL article was posted, do you think that anyone here would be complaining about it's bias and how unfairly it treats league?
How hypocritical is it to be criticising one journalist for a seemingly biased article and praising another for an equally biased article? The only thing these people are showing are insecurity; insecurity that shows when people can't accept other codes; when people can't accept other opinions; when people are so uptight and pretentious that they can't see past their nose.
At least that The Age article was a satire with some form of comedic value. The only thing funny in this thread is reading some of the responses here and wondering how they would react if the tables were turned.

Bengal

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
syphon said:
the game is struggling and articles like this suggest that is the case.
having to resort to slander and bitching about how other codes are played suggests the game is threatened. There is only one league heartland left, and its shrinking.

The games future hinges on a state tax law, even the CEO himself has said this.

Some of your best, Syphon...

If you can't see that the article was one League supporters tongue-in-cheek response to acres of press about AFL "passion". Let the bloke have his hour in the sun.

As for "slander of other codes", what do you think of this??:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/10/01/1064988254108.html?from=storyrhs

Or is it only AFL followers who have a mortgage on humour?? :roll:

Cheers,
Ben S.

I've just read the article - it's absolutely brilliant!!!

What a a laugh. I loved it.

Can't wait to use some of this stuff on my rah rah friends - y a h o o ! !