What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As much as I hate to say it...

Go Souffs!!

And not just because I don't like the character of this Penrith side - or their smug coach - but because of Messrs Hornby, Host and Demetriou all of whom were lost to our club due to being thrown under the bus by Mary.

It shows us up big time - Hosty is a Renown United junior who had a yo-yo career under Mary and was deemed surplus to requirements. Not good enough for us. And yet, 12 months later, he's playing a Grand Final for a team who has consistently been in the top 4 since Round 4.

Great judgement, yet again, from the JV brains trust.

Walpole

Juniors
Go Souffs!!

And not just because I don't like the character of this Penrith side - or their smug coach - but because of Messrs Hornby, Host and Demetriou all of whom were lost to our club due to being thrown under the bus by Mary.

It shows us up big time - Hosty is a Renown United junior who had a yo-yo career under Mary and was deemed surplus to requirements. Not good enough for us. And yet, 12 months later, he's playing a Grand Final for a team who has consistently been in the top 4 since Round 4.

There were interesting reactions on this forum when Host was "let go" by us and differing opinions on how good he was. Turns out, under a good coach he's a top 17 player in a grand final team.

Illusion

Bench
Go Souffs!!

Sorry mate cant stand either team , expecially Souths and Bennett ...... Smug coach as you say (Penrith) but the other guy even though he won us a Grand Final its all about Bennett ..... When he goes he will leave the joint in tatters ...... Just my take on it , so go the Chocolate men .....

Dragon David

First Grade
Go Souffs!!

I'm also hoping for the bunnies to win for the same reasons NOTB. Hopefully they can match the panthers in the defence department because that is where the game will be won or lost and I can see the panthers having the edge here.

To me, our biggest loss was Demetriou as he would have been a far better coach for us than that water boy.

Gareth67

First Grade
My heart is with Souths . Would love to see them hold the silverware aloft on Sunday , so many people wrote them off very early in the season - including yours truly , but I can’t be right all the time .

However in saying that I really cannot see them getting over the top of a Penrith team brimming with youthful enthusiasm and absolute class .

The only weak spot for the Panthers is - did they play their grand final last week , do they have enough gas left in the tank to go the final step , as you can bet your last dollar that Bennett’s bunnies are not going down without a fight .

Last edited:

epDragon62

First Grade
Go Souffs!!

Great judgement, yet again, from the JV brains trust.I liked but for other reasons I want Souffs to lose.

blacksafake

First Grade
I really don’t care for either.🤷🏼‍♂️
Not a fan of Crowe or Cleary senior.
Will be refereeing my wife who’s a bunny supporter & my youngest daughter who’s panthers. 😂
Personally I have an inkling that Penrith will win.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I’m all in on Penrith, they deserve it after getting in two years in a row. Cleary is a future legend and the team has a bit of character about it I enjoy. Good to see some individuals like To’o and Luai.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
My heart is with Souths . Would love to see them hold the silverware aloft on Sunday , so many people wrote them off very early in the season - including yours truly , but I can’t be right all the time .

However in saying that I really cannot see them getting over the top of a Penrith team brimming with youthful enthusiasm and absolute class .

The only weak spot for the Panthers is - did they play their grand final last week , do they have enough gas left in the tank to go the final step , as you can bet your last dollar that Bennett’s bunnies are not going down without a fight .
And they are carrying a heap of injuries into the game. If they were at full fitness I’d say they will easily win but Cleary’s shoulder is shot.

Latest posts