What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ash Graham 2nd Rate

Who is your preferred option at Fullback 2004

• Graham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Burt

• Vaealiki

• Lyon

• Total voters

Freak

Juniors
I know he is young and the majority of you will know I had a big opinion of the kid mid season, but lately he has been made to look 2nd rate.

Billy Slater went round him on the weekend as if he was standing still. His positional play on the last and his comminuication between his other back 2 was shocking. Anyway plenty of room for improvement but for mine I would now have Burt or Vaealiki back there.

I am not sure if Ash has the speed now to play Fullback! :(

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I have been saying Burt since Hodgson signed with the Tigers. I see Burt as potentially being in the Lockyer mould. He enjoys playing that position and has said that he is willing to where the #1 next season.

Having said that, I expect the position to go to whoever is in the best fullback form at the beginning of next season.

Btw, you could have at least shown McKinnon enough respect to spell his name correctly.

bradeel

Juniors
I also rated Ash Graham at fullback when he first came into replace Hodgson this season, but i think that was more the case of Hodgson going so bad that i preferred seeing a young kid with some guts and determination showing up a better credentialled, but overrated player.

He certainly hasn't been bad, but i agree that he hasn't been brilliant this season. I am sure that he has plenty to learn, but i think i would like to see Luke Burt as a Billy Slater-like option. Great turn of speed, great step, decent kicking ability. I reckon the wings should be Eric Grothe and Matt Petersen, with Ash Graham being a solid replacement for either of those three positions.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I'd give him a bit more time. I recall Luke Burt and Vaeliki having a few shockers at fullback in their time. You can't play great every week.

Latest posts