What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashes betting scandal

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
CRICKET chiefs launched a probe today after The Sun handed over a bombshell dossier on attempts to fix the Third Ashes Test.

Two bookies offered to sell details of rigged periods of play which could be bet on to win millions of dollars, The Sun reports.

They asked for up to £140,000 (A$245,000) to “spot fix” markets such as the exact amount of runs scored in an over.

The Indian Mr Big said: “Before match. I will tell you this over, this runs and then you have to put all the bets on that over.”

Asked if it was a good source he said: “Absolutely correct information.”

The pair said corrupt players “signal” the fix is on by making a subtle gesture on the field, such as changing their gloves.

Spotters in the crowd then tell bookies who quickly bet millions into the underground Indian market.

The pair reeled off players they say work as their “puppets”.

They also claimed to be working with a fixer in Australian cricket known as The Silent Man.

LINK

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It is quite conveniently released right before we play a test.

Basically it should be investigated by Cricket Australia/ICC but its pretty light on the details but heavy on the innuendo. The world cup winning allrounders (and I will generously include everyone from that 2015 squad that can be deemed an allrounder) are M Marsh, Maxwell, Faulkner and Watson.

El Diablo

Post Whore
We can rule wadey out as the silent man.
unless it's one of those sarcastic nicknames

would you trust this man?

matthew-wade-looks-on-during-day-two-of-the-second-test-match-between-australia-and-pakistan-at-the-_980214_.jpg

Vozzy

Juniors
So if a batsman blocks out an over to purposely get a maiden is what that tells me. Both teams have scored pretty slow this series. Both bowler and batsman would have to be kinda in on it for someone to predict how many runs an over there is cos they could bowl a no ball.

Latest posts