What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashes Cricket

kdalymc

Bench
Get MLB the show, its a massively deep experience playing The Show mode
Bought cricket,
Went in to trade to get told MLB is only digital. Got ashes for 30 bucks anyway, gave me 35 for rugby league live but only 2 bucks for Mafia 3 haha... might grab mlb once I’m home

Eelementary

Post Whore
Sorry didn’t read whole thread, just thinking of buying ashes cricket now vs MLB the show.
Get ashes? Is it better than Bradman 14 cos that was classic

Imo, it's better than DBC 14, and I love that game.

The bowling in this game is brilliant, the AI is pretty good, and batting is as much fun as it was on DBC 14.

mozza91

Coach
Was touring South Africa and Rabada and Philander are bowling in broad brimmed hats. I don’t know why but it’s givjng me the shits and I’ve gone off the game.

kdalymc

Bench
Once you’ve made Big Bash is it worth playing for any other countrys comps or just hope to make the Aussie team from there ?

edabomb

First Grade
Just started on this game - not sold on it. Playing on Normal it seems any attempt at aggression is a catch to someone on the 30m circle.

Meanwhile on Easier every shot goes for 4.

edabomb

First Grade
Your meter needs to turn green before slogging, pale green is better

Also your skills need boosting

Cheers. That actually makes good sense, I should have read the manual.

I've picked up Ross Taylor's career so was already at 79 rating which is why I guess it is way too easy on the level down :)

Cheers. That actually makes good sense, I should have read the manual.

I've picked up Ross Taylor's career so was already at 79 rating which is why I guess it is way too easy on the level down :)
In the league games that would be form arrows but I've been making good runs for about a calendar year in white ball so I guess it's the meter of your eye being in, the color is more important for a batsman than your stamina, although late into a big game or day your stamina does affect your ability to belt the ball

I'm normally playing straight or glancing when batting to pace with no button held and i slog away from the field against spin

kdalymc

Bench
im captain of jamiaca in the 20/20s, kicking arse,
does this help me with aussie chances?
or should i just stick to domestic games?

nöyd

Staff member
Aussie selectors appear to be finally taking notice, i've been upgraded to an outside chance of making the Test tour to Bangladesh. Just need a ball tampering scandal to occur and I should be in.

Also a good chance to make the Aussie Twenty20 team as well. I'm presently captain of Queensland and Yorkshire in all formats, FC average of 54, 12 fifties and 8 tons.

Love this game.

nöyd

Staff member
got called up to the test team to play a 3 test series in the west indies, which included a nice little cut-scene featuring steve smith presenting me with my baggy green.

not a great series with the bat, with a top score of 44 from 6 digs, hoping to be picked for the next tour against the bangers.

got called up to the test team to play a 3 test series in the west indies, which included a nice little cut-scene featuring steve smith presenting me with my baggy green.

not a great series with the bat, with a top score of 44 from 6 digs, hoping to be picked for the next tour against the bangers.
Don't suppose he gave you something yellow?

Vic Mackey

Referee
So I started playing this a few days ok. After doing all the tutorials I got the hang of it. Played some 20/20s then started a career mode as a batting alrounder bowling medium pace. Second game in we made 470. Had them 9/247 and then their 5 &11 has a 270 run partnership! The number 11 made 110 FFS! I just couldn’t get them out.

So question is, when you’re bowling do the top order batsmen differ in difficulty to get out to the lower order batsman? If not I’m going to tire of this very quickly...

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
So I started playing this a few days ok. After doing all the tutorials I got the hang of it. Played some 20/20s then started a career mode as a batting alrounder bowling medium pace. Second game in we made 470. Had them 9/247 and then their 5 &11 has a 270 run partnership! The number 11 made 110 FFS! I just couldn’t get them out.

So question is, when you’re bowling do the top order batsmen differ in difficulty to get out to the lower order batsman? If not I’m going to tire of this very quickly...

The top order usually start their innings with higher confidence, meaning they time their shots better.

The reverse is usually true for lower order players.

I think the big issue is that simming until your bowler is due to bowl is ineffective; your teammates often bowl pies, and rely on you to save them.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Any spin bowling tips?

I started a new career as a number 5 spin-bowling all-rounder. I'm a left-handed, leg-spinner (though my stock delivery seems to be spinning it into the right-handed batsman).

I'm struggling big time to trouble batsmen and pick up wickets.

What lines and/or lengths have you guys found successful?

I started by bowling full lenght deliveries, but have found it a little better bowling good length deliveries.

But now, I get hit for 3 or 4 every delivery I bowl.

I just don't know what to do to build pressure, and take wickets.

Latest posts