What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashes victory good for the game of cricket in England??

Broncos fan

Juniors
With England's victory in the Ashes how muxh would this victory help the game of cricket in England, and with the current national football team (with a 4-1 loss to Denmark in the friendly and a 1-0 loss to Northern Ireland in the qualifier) do you think cricket will be a threat to the mighty 'world game' there in England, maybe even a takeover by cricket?

Timbo

Staff member
Kids here will now be wanting to play it so we can regain it from the Poms.

Great for the game....Doesn't mean I have to like it.

choc_soldier

Coach
I heard that sales for cricket gear have sky-rocketed over the past few months, so perhaps this series will bring in a new generation of supporters and players.

But England have got to maintain the rage now. It's all good regaining the Ashes - hopefully when they come out here at the end of next year, we see a series just as enthralling as the one we've just seen, and in the interim, England remain a competitive unit.

And yes, as much as it hurts, this result is good for Australian cricket. Our era of domination had to come to an end sooner or later. I think we've been slipping a bit over the past couple of years anyway, and I was also sick and tired of seeing us constantly winning.

I guess this Ashes series has re-kindled my love for cricket.

Latest posts