What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashley Taylor

Wizardman

First Grade
A couple of years ago, Ash Taylor looked to have the world at his feet. Talent-wise, he has more than most halves in the NRL and racked up a mountain of try assists.

I've watched four Gold Coast games this season, including last night against the Tigers and their win against Newcastle.

The man is deadset LAZY. All he did was shovel passes out when he had the ball (which was not much for a halfback) and put in the occasional kick. At no point did I think he was going to take on the line or be a danger to it. Tyrone Roberts pretty much did everything with a high workrate (which is the same pattern of play as the other games in which I saw them play together).

He does not even look like a regular halfback. Pretty much every halfback in the NRL is ultrafit. I looked at Luke Brooks from the Tigs (who has half the talent of Taylor) and he is pretty much on the ball all the time with high energy (like most halfbacks in the NRL). Ash looks like he is in holiday mode taking the ball when he feels like it and just shovels it out anyway without particular thought to taking the line on. I'd bet his fitness tests would be the worst for halfbacks in the NRL and by a long way.

At first, I thought it was a strange decision to buy Tyrone Roberts...as he is pretty average. But compared to Brimson (good runner, not a playmakers asshole) and Taylor (no heart), he is pretty much the number one half there and essential to have.

Another factor....Jarryd Hayne. How much of a factor has he been in Taylor's form? Before he arrived at the Gold Coast, Ash Taylor was thriving and the team were playing great footy. Gold Coast truly have not played with any quality consistency since.

He is quickly shaping up to be the next Chris Sandow unless he hits the gym/training track and truly puts in. Gold Coast fans would have to be tearing their hair out with him.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Maybe he's paid for his defence (lol)

BTW he went off in a game earlier and the titans played better without him.

Is this fraud on a million a year?

butchmcdick

Immortal
When will clubs learn to stop paying on potential?

Blokes on a gold mine for the forseeable future, no need to worry until contract year and then turn it on again.

Ask Moses, works for him.

Your theory didn’t work for us

Paid overs for Thurston in 04

Wouldn’t pay overs for ponga even with all his potential

Tiger5150

Bench
I actually thought he looked dangerous at times last night. He has a great kick on him and a dynamite long pass.

I dont know if its him or Brennan but their entire attacking strategy is ...."get it to the Peach!". I was grateful last night but it was almost embarrassing.

Life's Good

Coach
Absolutely nowhere near the value his shylock of a manager swindled the club into paying him. He should give Hayne a cut too.
Just struggles to get into the game unless the Titans are well on top. They’re getting better value out of Roberts who would be on a few shekels.
Maybe Bennett was onto something.

mozza91

Coach
He suffers from Mullenitus.
Symptoms include playing a couple of good games and being massively overrated by the media, resulting in being "the next big thing" for several years
The most inconsistent footballer possibly ever. Could comfortably outplay Thurston one week and then get comfortably outplayed by Josh McCrone the next.

In fact if he got to play against JT every week he’d be the next immortal.

Latest posts