What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashton

Kilkenny

Coach
Ron came to Penrith in 69 if I remember rightly and was there for 2 or 3 years .Was referred to as Little Artie at times as he could slip a magical pass on occasions.
Cant say I remember Ron but my first Panther experience was really not until 1971.

Kilkenny

Coach
Ron was a good player but came to Penrith late in his career like most players we signed then, and missed s lot of games due to injury.
A lot of players in that era were Garbo‘s etc just to keep fitness up. Given training largely involved a few laps around Jamo Park and then off to the pub for the mandatory bonding sessions it’s not surprising players had injury issues.

The_Frog

First Grade
I just remembered an old name ,,Ron Clothier. an old fashioned prop, played with Mike Stevo in the day I think, i bumped into his son years ago when went down to sydney for a reunion.
Pre- Stephenson. Clothier had retired well before Stevo hit the place. 26 games between 1969 and 1971.

Latest posts