What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asotasi Steps Up to Help Children's Charity

yobbo84

First Grade
Well done Roy :clap:

Asotasi Steps Up to Help Children's Charity
31 Jul 2008
Rabbitohs captain Roy Asotasi has put his hand up to help out the Essere Foundation by attending their Take a Walk on the Wild Side Charity Ball being held on Tuesday 19 August at Doltone House in Pyrmont.

Asotasi will be filling the place made vacant by Sonny Bill Williams who was to appear at the event.

"I didn't want the kids to miss out so I put my hand up to help out," Asotasi said.

"It should be a good night out so hopefully people get behind it and support the event."

Asotasi will be joined by Rugby League players Amos Roberts, Steve Menzies, Maurice Blair, Brad Tighe and Rhys Wesser; as well as League legends Bob McCarthy, Ray Price, Johnny Raper, Dr. George Peponis, Mario Fenech and Steve Roach; media personalities Jeff McMullen, Karl Stefanovic, Ross Greenwood, Bessie Bardot, Samantha Brett and Fiona Falkiner; entertainers Gary Eck and Jellybean Jam; as well as NSW Premier The Hon. Morris Iemma and Treasurer The Hon. Michael Costa.

For more information visit www.essere.com.au.

Source: http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/Asotasi-Steps-Up-to-Help-Childrens-Charity.html

smeghead

Bench
Excellent.

It would be nice to get 5 or 6 NRL stars to the event to prove to the community that the players do care across the board

The Colonel

Immortal
Now this is the sort of story the Telecrap should have as their back page main item
Well done Roy

Wasn't back page but they ran something similar earlier in the week.

Shark steps in to Sonny's charity

A TINY charity that cleans up after a rare killer has been left without guest-of-honour Sonny Bill Williams at its biggest fundraiser this Thursday.
The Violet Foundation, whose 20 members raise awareness of meningococcal disease and support victims, planned a $150 ticket gala only to find that the MC would be in Paris, not Leichhardt, on the big night.
President Colin Greenway said organisers were left scrambling for another big name and Cronulla Sharks player Greg Bird had taken up the responsibility at the 11th hour.
"It threw them into a bit of turmoil," he said.
"Greg Bird has offered his services for Thursday night and the future. The fundraiser is still happening and we are hoping to get more than 230 people through the door."
The charity would only praise Williams, who has spent four years raising awareness of meningococcal, a rare disease which kills about 10 per cent of sufferers.
Mr Greenway said Williams was a perfect ambassador for the Violet Foundation.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24092834-5001021,00.html

hitman82

Bench
Great stuff from Greg Bird, cleaning up Scumbag Bill William's mess for him. Our game is lucky to have real public servants and ambassadors in it's ranks.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Well done Roy.

There are plenty of others that do good work like this, yet we all know that it is not reported.

I know that Anasta did some great work for a charity recently, and the charity was impressed, yet I didn't hear a bleep out of the press.

BWNB

First Grade
I wonder if the footy show will mention Asotasi and Birds generous acts, sure as hell they would have reported it if $BW had attended.