What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At what point could have RL2 been annouced?

subsbligh35

Juniors
But for the dramas with legals etc.

i.e. How long has the game been in development?

When was Shide ready to announce?

bulldog

Bench
I think the total lack of action in fixing the numerous bugs in the first ver. tell us that either Sidhe couldn't give a rats arse abouth thier customers, or, they began work basically straight away. Either way, it will be try before you buy for me this time.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
bulldog said:
I think the total lack of action in fixing the numerous bugs in the first ver. tell us that either Sidhe couldn't give a rats arse abouth thier customers, or, they began work basically straight away. Either way, it will be try before you buy for me this time.

Yep cause game developers always post on fourms to keep fans updated :roll:

Do you of any other developer who does this?

bulldog

Bench
I did put two options, and yes most game developers do post on forums and other user groups, it is a valuable resource they would be foolish to ignore.

Paullyboy

Coach
I have very, very limited knowledge of games and stuff alike, and I dont play that many, but ive never seen game developers hang around a forum and stuff like these guys have which I think has been great.

bulldog

Bench
It has been great, but posting and generally joining the community is a far way from making a patch for an obviously flawed game. I don't want to start another running debate about this, but I'm disappointed and don't mind saying so.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Flawed? yes, what game isnt...

Madden has been around a lifetime and still comes out with some bs flaw..

No developer posts on forums..well around 98% of em dont, why? cause half the time the developer is already aware what they need to do and what they are allowed to do..the genrel public think everything is possible.

Your dissapointed, over exactly what? the NRL game was far from perfect for me..but its still better than any other league game on the market lol ;-)

Another thing..game developers dont start franchises as though they have been around for years..it takes time and a huge budget to reach the stage that the elite sport games are on.

doovepop

Juniors
Do you of any other developer who does this?

the people who are making world championship rugby 2 go on the rugby forums
:D
but they dont go on forums as much as sidhe interactive do

Dragon

Coach
I know the devs of Half Life 2 went on alot of forums explaining themselves for so many delays...and these are the nutty members of the gaming community...hmm..much like us :p

Other than that i dont know of any devs/game companies (espescially low budget) who dedicate so much time listening to the fans.

:clap: Sidhe

Goleel

Juniors
And dare I say the WCR guys took their lead from Sidhe after seeing how well it worked for them...

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Goleel said:
And dare I say the WCR guys took their lead from Sidhe after seeing how well it worked for them...

U was about to say that , yeah Sidhe may have just started a very productive trend!! :)

Other than that i dont know of any devs/game companies (espescially low budget) who dedicate so much time listening to the fans.

Bioware the company who made Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic are the kings of listening to their fans.

You not only get yes/no answers from them on their forums, you can have lengthy discussions with them, they are fantastic and friendly.

strong_latte

Juniors
wanderingswordsman said:

Bioware the company who made Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic are the kings of listening to their fans.

You not only get yes/no answers from them on their forums, you can have lengthy discussions with them, they are fantastic and friendly.

You'll have to forgive Mario and Sidhe for not getting quite that close to us... Mario was actually a solicitor (I think) before heading Sidhe, and while they still do alot better as far as fan interaction is concerned, I think they are still extremely concerned with legal issues and don't like getting too close to the fans.

You'll have to forgive Mario and Sidhe for not getting quite that close to us... Mario was actually a solicitor (I think) before heading Sidhe, and while they still do alot better as far as fan interaction is concerned, I think they are still extremely concerned with legal issues and don't like getting too close to the fans.

Don't get me wrong, in terms of quality Sidhe's interaction with fans seems to be almost as good as someone like Bioware but because of the amount of people that work for Bioware(and the fact they have their own community). The 'Quantity' of Biowares interaction is a lot highter.

Latest posts