What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attendances

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
It's a bit disappointing but it does feel like it has a lot do do with the economic climate in England as winter heating bills kick in.
The NRL crowds have been stagnant for decades but the revenue has been sky-rocketing with the TV numbers.
Let's hope it's the same.
The fact the corner look well populated and they are the cheapest tickets, tells a story too.

Was reading online where we people were going into purchase tickets but refused to pay the 70 pounds...so walked out.

Gobsmacked

Bench
The fact the corner look well populated and they are the cheapest tickets, tells a story too.

Was reading online where we people were going into purchase tickets but refused to pay the 70 pounds...so walked out.
The origin games were a sellout long before they jacked up the price.
I love the game but I wouldn't pay that to see Aus walk over Lebanon.
I'd pay that for the final, nothing less than a final.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
The origin games were a sellout long before they jacked up the price.
I love the game but I wouldn't pay that to see Aus walk over Lebanon.
I'd pay that for the final, nothing less than a final.
What has origin games got to do with RLWC quarter final in the UK? it looks pretty obvious they have over priced this....and you read the comments on other forums about people walking away at ticket booths refusing to pay the prices...

Gobsmacked

Bench
What has origin games got to do with RLWC quarter final in the UK? it looks pretty obvious they have over priced this....and you read the comments on other forums about people walking away at ticket booths refusing to pay the prices...
What has origin games got to do with RLWC quarter final in the UK?
It's an example: you wait until you have the demand before you charge a premium.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Man; what a car crash of a tournament this has been.
Maybe we’ll get something remotely interesting next week?
Seriously what a lackluster game....small crowd...playing field still with soccer markings...and having the national anthem playing on a PA speaker? Looks cheap.

Then the game it self...gee another miss match. As a massive league fan it's been a bore so I turned it off at 30-0.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
What has origin games got to do with RLWC quarter final in the UK?
It's an example: you wait until you have the demand before you charge a premium.
If you have a product worth selling...not this rubbish....tries being scored off simple cuts....will be around 66 or 70 nil game.

It really is an embarrassment to the international game...

Gobsmacked

Bench
If you have a product worth selling...not this rubbish....tries being scored off simple cuts....will be around 66 or 70 nil game.

It really is an embarrassment to the international game...
Your welcome to Your opinion but I couldn't be further from embarrassed.

I'm very proud of where RL is internationally. It's come very far since 2008!
And Lebanon just scored 🥳
Against Australia!
Very cool.

Dark Corner

Juniors
It's a bit disappointing but it does feel like it has a lot do do with the economic climate in England as winter heating bills kick in.
The NRL crowds have been stagnant for decades but the revenue has been sky-rocketing with the TV numbers.
Let's hope it's the same.
Disagree as NRL may get yo yo crowds but it's 60% maybe good crowds for a Rugby comp or even any Football code comp.

& a certain clown in here has the audacity to brand the 2017 RLWC a shit show lol...
this one is barely any better

we seriously can't be playing the next 2 in France & the USA can we ?
we will play to crowds in the hundreds , family & friends only if we do ...

an international tournament played over 4 years at the end of each ESL/ NRL season with internationals played & points allocated & the 2 highest ranked teams play a final
( think they did this 1984-1988??)
Kangaroo tours of GB to recommence & would count , Kiwi tours of GB too
Pacifika tests etc

idk , but this current wc format doesn't work & the proposed schedule for the next 8 years looks even less viable...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Aus v Lebanon in 1/4 final
crowd 8,206

the equivalent game in 2013 drew 5,762
The equivalent game in 2017 drew 8,309 (featuring tonga in nz where they have a fanbase)
no need to slit the wrists just yet baseline lol

menawhile I’m just catching up on the wheelchair games, absolutely brilliant. If you’re more interested in crowds than the games then yeh it’s been underwhelming, me I’m loving it.
Greece, jamaica on debut, wheelchair tournament, ladies passion. You’d have to be a real sad sack not to be enjoying it.

Last edited:
Aus v kebab in 1/4 final
crowd 8,206

the equivalent game in 2013 drew 5,762
The equivalent game in 2017 drew 8,309
no need to slit the wrists just yet baseline lol

menawhile I’m just catching up on the wheelchair games, absolutely brilliant. If you’re more interested in crowds than the games then yeh it’s been underwhelming, me I’m loving it.
sooooo
less then the ... shitshow ... in 2017 ?

thanks for clearing that up lol
underwhelming doesn't quite cover it eh

Perth Red

Post Whore
sooooo
less then the ... shitshow ... in 2017 ?

thanks for clearing that up lol
underwhelming doesn't quite cover it eh
With more money made in 2022, And like I said Tonga played that game in nz where they have a decent following. Not the end of the world just yet panda lol

With more money made in 2022, And like I said Tonga played that game in nz where they have a decent following. Not the end of the world just yet panda lol

just what international RL needed
a few extra pounds earnt ( phhtt) , but just another shit show in reality

ball dropped poms
good job...
time to revisit the whole concept thanks to this failed tournament

Perth Red

Post Whore
just what international RL needed
a few extra pounds earnt ( phhtt) , but just another shit show in reality

ball dropped poms
good job...
time to revisit the whole concept thanks to this failed tournament
its always interesting to see what metrics people pick to justify their already made up opinion.
Most inclusive RL tournament ever, qualifiers that are truly global now, most watched on TV European based RLWC ever, crowds not far off the rlwc avg of last two tournaments despite pricing them at a non discounted level, Greece and Jamaica making RLWC debuts. More money made from corporate sales and ticket sales than any other RLWC and RL presenting itself as a world game challenging the long held public perception its just an east coast of australia and M62 game.
If you cant see any positives in that and just want to pick a crowd that was 100 less than in 2017 to justify your misery then go for it lol

and yes more funds is EXACTLY what the IRL needs to keep growing the game!

its always interesting to see what metrics people pick to justify their already made up opinion.
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Oh dear god
something about a black pot & a kettle

but please by all means keep polishing that turd & being the forums biggest hypocrite , its comedy gold afterall..

Perth Red

Post Whore
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Oh dear god
something about a black pot & a kettle

but please by all means keep polishing that turd & being the forums biggest hypocrite , its comedy gold afterall..
You keep being miserable and finding reasons to be negative and I’ll keep loving watching this amazing RLWC. Sounds a fair deal lol.

this eng v aus wheelchair game I’m currently watching is amazing.

Latest posts