What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attention Idiots who love wringing their hands about "bad crowds" in the NRL.

newman

First Grade
Big turnouts for Petero Civoniceva's farewell match at Suncorp Stadium tonight and the last appearance of Nathan Hindmarsh, Luke Burt, Dean Young and Ben Hornby at ANZ Stadium on Sunday night could push NRL attendances this season to record levels. With the Eels-Dragons clash on track to beat the season's biggest crowd of 43,171 for the round two Broncos-Cowboys game, and more than 35,000 expected at Suncorp, only 100,000 more fans at the remaining six games would break the record for aggregate attendance of 3,149,927 set in 2010. Should the weekend fixtures draw overall crowds of 190,000, the NRL would also better the average crowd record of 16,468 set in 2005 when there were only 15 teams.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-leag...-tigers-den-20120830-253cg.html#ixzz255Uxsc2R

-So we are on track for record club attendances.
-There were also record attendances for State of Origin this year.
-The GF is all but already sld out and you can imagine that some of the Semis featuring the Dogs, Souths, Manly and Cronulla (if they get that far) in Sydney will draw very, very well.

Yep, I reckon the ARLC are shoulder to the wheel, FREAKING OUT, about what to do about these poor crowds.

Ive been banging on to anyone who would listen that crowds are not even identified as a problem by the ARLC and these figures back that up, yet there seems to be an obsession with many posters on L.U about crowds and 'what should be done about them'.

newman

First Grade
Shit Mods, how do I remove that rogue colon in the title? Yes I am aware it is a grammar fail.

El Diablo

Post Whore
tumblr_m9k2xmtyte1qbc6rpo1_250.gif

eozsmiles

Bench
Record crowds in 2010 and a fair chance that will be broken in 2012. More games than ever on tv and bigger ratings than ever. More websites than ever to get a footy fix and more ways to communicate with other footy fans on social media.

Some people will still tell you things were better in the old days but it seems they are in the minority.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I think its the minimal growth crowd wise we've had since 2005 thats dissapointing
but not disastrous

we hit 16,500 back then .. & many thought we'd be knocking on the door of 20,000 by now
but we're only at 16,500 still

then again , we're going better then most sports
while our crowds have remained steady since 2005

the A League has fallen nearly 33% since 2006/7
the Stupid 15... 25% since 2004
the AFL.... 15% since 2008

we're doing far better then all of them ;-)

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not as much as Moffo will love it.

On crowds: the aim for the NRL and clubs in the next two years should be to minimize the amount of sub 10000 crowds.

perverse

Referee
we should get a good crowd for a dead rubber tonight for old boys day up here in Newcastle. our crowds have been fantastic for the most part this year, waaaay up. those Tinkler-priced tickets are working wonders.

newman

First Grade
we should get a good crowd for a dead rubber tonight for old boys day up here in Newcastle. our crowds have been fantastic for the most part this year, waaaay up. those Tinkler-priced tickets are working wonders.

Yep. Good to see. I cant understand why more clubs, who dont regularly fill their grounds, dont go for this cheap economic modelling. Just get the punters in the gates and make the money off the food and bev.