What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attn: Manly fans, how to ride a bus.

de$$ie

Juniors
got better shit to do on a friday night than go down to the local colosseum to watch the gladiators mate.

Shipsyeagles

Juniors
Last years final against cowboys at SFS ,which i attended game started at 8:45pm -( joke in itself ) it was a friging freezing night and yes crowd was poor i admit....

week after against Broncs got 32k on Friday night, im predicting 20k-25k this friday night..

They also filled ANZ for Grand finasl in 2007 , 2008 and 2011 also against out of Sydney clubs..

Hutty1986

Immortal
Last years final against cowboys at SFS ,which i attended game started at 8:45pm -( joke in itself ) it was a friging freezing night and yes crowd was poor i admit....

week after against Broncs got 32k on Friday night, im predicting 20k-25k this friday night..

They also filled ANZ for Grand finasl in 2007 , 2008 and 2011 also against out of Sydney clubs..

Plenty of Warriors fans at that GF last year though. Sydney clubs should always sell out grand finals, regardless of who they're playing. 32k is absolutely p*ss poor for a prelim final. If Manly fans want to prove they give a f**k about their side, this week is the chance to do it

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Relevance to Home Finals is....?

If you really consider this a "home" final then you my friend are an idiot.

Yes, yes the Cowboys are travelling from Townsville, but it aint a "home" final.

If they were playing the Sharks at the SFS would you consider it a home final also?

Danish

Referee

What grand final HASN'T been absolutely chockers in the past 10 years?

Grand finals are packed with neutrals. They'll be sold out or close to sold out regardless of who is playing.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
To cut some Manly fans some slack, getting a bus down Military Road is abysmal.

However they could get a ferry to Circular Quay and then bus/train from there. It's not a valid excuse.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Manly doesn't have many fans, where do you think these magical 30K fans are going to appear from? The reality is they have a very small fanbase, that doesn't change at finals time!

de$$ie

Juniors
Manly doesn't have many fans, where do you think these magical 30K fans are going to appear from? The reality is they have a very small fanbase, that doesn't change at finals time!

hey bro cool footy team you got ther... oh wait nvm.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Artificially boosted by the double header at Suncorp, just like ours is artificially boosted by the farewell match for Hindmarsh, Burt, Hornby, and Young.

Just asking the question, would the double header have not been split between the two away teams as far as away crowd figures go?

If so thats the case, the crowd of 41,273 would be allocated 20,636 each away team?

If that's the case (and I'm not saying it necessarily is) I'm willing to bet that Manly v Brisbane would pull a crowd of 20,636 in its own right so fail to see how their figures are inflated by this game.

Correct me if I'm wrong on the allocation of numbers though.

applesauce

Bench
If you really consider this a "home" final then you my friend are an idiot.

Yes, yes the Cowboys are travelling from Townsville, but it aint a "home" final.

If they were playing the Sharks at the SFS would you consider it a home final also?

Yes I do you twat. The Titans get Home Finals at Suncorp past the first round.

Broncos fans who live on the southside can travel 20kms to their home games. Just because it isn't in the same suburb doesn't mean it isn't at home.

Your head is up your ass if you think the club only has to market itself to Manly. You take games to gosford and perth in order to grow your brand. If you can't draw over 35k IN SYDNEY you and your fellow followers need your head checked.

What grand final HASN'T been absolutely chockers in the past 10 years?

Grand finals are packed with neutrals. They'll be sold out or close to sold out regardless of who is playing.

I am proof positive of this point.

I've been to just about every grand final for the past 10 years and you sure as hell know that I haven't had a team to support on grand final day...

At least not in first grade anyway.