What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attn: Mods re: expansion threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
On further refection I disavow what I said earlier about restricting Stallion to one post an hour.

I was a little rushed when I wrote the post and hadn't really had a chance to think it through before I posted it, but after having the chance to think it through I think that any restriction of anyone's ability to post (so long as they aren't breaking any rules of course) would set a bad precedent and though this may sound slightly childish at the end of the day if what is being suggested was to happen to me I'd be upset and (rightly) feel hard done by.

So yeah, it was a dumb thing to say and I take that part of the post back.

I agree - I don't know what the answer is but every expansion thread ends the following on repeat: in Bears, Sydney is the centre of the world and nothing else matters and insults if you don't agree. Then the mods get understandably sick of it and shut the threads down that the rest of us were enjoying before the terrorist arrived.

There are plenty of great Sydney-based posters on this site that don't agree with me and I'm sure I don't agree with them on many issues but our exchanges don't end up in insults and repetetive catch-phrases. and I'm happy to have a respectful debate on Sydney rationalisation with any of them.

Stallion

First Grade
Im pretty sure a fight demands 2 sides. Stallion loses steam if no one is responding to him.

We could just stop feeding the trolls, just sayin...

Think your comments mostly are of troll status! Certainly not for the benefit of rugby league!

Stallion

First Grade
I agree - I don't know what the answer is but every expansion thread ends the following on repeat: in Bears, Sydney is the centre of the world and nothing else matters and insults if you don't agree. Then the mods get understandably sick of it and shut the threads down that the rest of us were enjoying before the terrorist arrived.

There are plenty of great Sydney-based posters on this site that don't agree with me and I'm sure I don't agree with them on many issues but our exchanges don't end up in insults and repetetive catch-phrases. and I'm happy to have a respectful debate on Sydney rationalisation with any of them.

Lol. You just happened to be nailed everytime you assert that Sydney clubs in the top flight,along with their many fans,will settle for a 2nd rate status. That's where I've noticed you lose the plot. We are are fine with expansion here. It's just should not and will not successfully happen by decreasing clubs in Australias largest city market Sydney! Disrespecting the many people that have agreed with my comments is a childish and petulant behaviour on your behalf. Your actions not mine! Wondering if a moderator can confirm that their has been no such 'alias' activity on my behalf.?Just so your petulance and nastiness is exposed .

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lol. You just happened to be nailed everytime you assert that Sydney clubs in the top flight,along with their many fans,will settle for a 2nd rate status. That's where I've noticed you lose the plot. We are are fine with expansion here. It's just should not and will not successfully happen by decreasing clubs in Australias largest city market Sydney! Disrespecting the many people that have agreed with my comments is a childish and petulant behaviour on your behalf. Your actions not mine! Wondering if a moderator can confirm that their has been no such 'alias' activity on my behalf.?Just so your petulance and nastiness is exposed .

That is your opinion. others have a different opinion. I think it's the stinking up of every thread with your view that isn't backed up with any facts and then dissolves into you throwing insults out at those with a different opinion that people have a problem with!

Stallion

First Grade
That is your opinion. others have a different opinion. I think it's the stinking up of every thread with your view that isn't backed up with any facts and then dissolves into you throwing insults out at those with a different opinion that people have a problem with!

I think you can't handle the heat when reality and common sense hits home!

Stallion

First Grade

The same can be stated with plenty of your stuff PR?! No facts galore yet you will quickly give the boot out but not when you are the culprit! Lol

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

I've never lost the plot on here. I know someone who regularly does though.... @Stallion

Let me sum up the arguments that you've made to me over the last couple of years and you see if they seems coherant to you:

Stallion Argument 1:
We need all established Sydney clubs to remain in the NRL (top flight) plus we need Norths back on the Central Coast with links to North Sydney for the traditional fans. This is so that we can fight of the advancements of AFL and RU in Sydney and in particular the North of Sydney

Fact:
The NRL has 9 Sydney clubs, the AFL has 2 Sydney clubs and Super Rugby has 1 Sydney franchise. The NRL has 1 North Sydney club, the AFL and ARU have zero North Sydney Clubs. Whatever we are not doing, they are not doing it worse.

Stallion Argument 2:
Norths or any other Sydney club can not be relegated to the NSW Cup or a national second teir comp (even if the clubs are not affiliated with NRL clubs) because fans won't settle for it.

Fact:
The Shute Shield has successfully created a well attended Manly-Warringah derby with two traditional Sydney clubs that are playing out of the third teir. Both clubs used to play in the top teir of RU in Australia when the top teir was Shute Shield prior to Super Rugby.

Stallion Argument 3:
All of the current Sydney NRL clubs plus the North Sydney Bears have widespread support and notoriety throughout Australia and relegating any of them to the NSW Cup or national second teir would lose those supporters to the game.

Fact:
Not all Sydney clubs have the same sized supporter bases, membership numbers, attendances or TV ratings. Some Sydney clubs are much bigger than others. If we were to lose a small number of supporters from a Sydney club like Manly (for example), it would easily be covered if replaced by Perth and the remaining Sydney clubs will have more room to grow in the city. The Swans crowds are bigger than any NRL club's because our crowds are dilluted by too many. Clubs like the eels, dogs, souths and dragons at the very least should be outdrawing them.

Stallion Argument 4:
Manly should be playing out of Brookevale for the foreseeable future because.... tradition and because.... I like hills.

Fact:
Brookevale is in desperate need of repair and crowds are now dwindling for matches at the venue. The NSW Government or local council are refusing to fund any upgrades.

Stallion Argument 5:
A supporter who buys memberships and attends games is the same as a supporter who talks enthusiastically about their team at the watercooler at work.

Fact:
Supporter A helps the club and the game grow. Supporter B does not.

The reason I've sumarised this in one post for you is so that you can see that it is you that gets nailed by facts, every... single... time. Not just by me, but by many on here. When you are, you ignore the facts and loop back around to your original argument as if we just didn't have the conversation like a confused AI bot..... or, as is your more recent trick, login with another account and start all over again.

Stallion

First Grade
I've never lost the plot on here. I know someone who regularly does though.... @Stallion

Let me sum up the arguments that you've made to me over the last couple of years and you see if they seems coherant to you:

Stallion Argument 1:
We need all established Sydney clubs to remain in the NRL (top flight) plus we need Norths back on the Central Coast with links to North Sydney for the traditional fans. This is so that we can fight of the advancements of AFL and RU in Sydney and in particular the North of Sydney

Fact:
The NRL has 9 Sydney clubs, the AFL has 2 Sydney clubs and Super Rugby has 1 Sydney franchise. The NRL has 1 North Sydney club, the AFL and ARU have zero North Sydney Clubs. Whatever we are not doing, they are not doing it worse.

Stallion Argument 2:
Norths or any other Sydney club can not be relegated to the NSW Cup or a national second teir comp (even if the clubs are not affiliated with NRL clubs) because fans won't settle for it.

Fact:
The Shute Shield has successfully created a well attended Manly-Warringah derby with two traditional Sydney clubs that are playing out of the third teir. Both clubs used to play in the top teir of RU in Australia when the top teir was Shute Shield prior to Super Rugby.

Stallion Argument 3:
All of the current Sydney NRL clubs plus the North Sydney Bears have widespread support and notoriety throughout Australia and relegating any of them to the NSW Cup or national second teir would lose those supporters to the game.

Fact:
Not all Sydney clubs have the same sized supporter bases, membership numbers, attendances or TV ratings. Some Sydney clubs are much bigger than others. If we were to lose a small number of supporters from a Sydney club like Manly (for example), it would easily be covered if replaced by Perth and the remaining Sydney clubs will have more room to grow in the city. The Swans crowds are bigger than any NRL club's because our crowds are dilluted by too many. Clubs like the eels, dogs, souths and dragons at the very least should be outdrawing them.

Stallion Argument 4:
Manly should be playing out of Brookevale for the foreseeable future because.... tradition and because.... I like hills.

Fact:
Brookevale is in desperate need of repair and crowds are now dwindling for matches at the venue. The NSW Government or local council are refusing to fund any upgrades.

The reason I've sumarised this in one post for you is so that you can see that it is you that gets nailed by facts, every... single... time. Not just by me, but by many on here. When you are, you ignore the facts and loop back around to your original argument as if we just didn't have the conversation like a confused AI bot..... or, as is your more recent trick, login with another account and start all over again.

Lol. You are the one accusing people of using aliases! You have lost the plot! Some of the points you have a portioned to myself are incorrect. Just like your assertions on alias use.

Stallion

First Grade
He’s ruining another one as we speak

I think the problem is that people want him to admit defeat or see that his views aren’t necessarily facts

He’s not going to though

Just ignore him

So someone needs to bring this dastardly stuff Titleocolumbo is doing to a moderators attention and action! It's pretty crap he's labeling/falsely accusing dodgy use of aliases as a getout for his insecurities!

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
So someone needs to bring this dastardly stuff Titleocolumbo is doing to a moderators attention and action! It's pretty crap he's labeling/falsely accusing dodgy use of aliases as a getout for his insecurities!

What am I trying to get out of? You are the one that won't answer questions directly or address points raised.

What exactly are my insecurities?

Stallion

First Grade
What am I trying to get out of? You are the one that won't answer questions directly or address points raised.

What exactly are my insecurities?

For you to assert that others on this site are using aliases shows your insecurity. Work it out! You are yet to apologize to myself and others!

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
For you to assert that others on this site are using aliases shows your insecurity. Work it out! You are yet to apologize to myself and others!

Ok you just go ahead and hold your breath whilst you wait for my apology

I'll give you a tip for making more effective alt-accounts. Don't name them something like tri-colours (i.e. the team that you support), don't use the same writing style and check who you are logged in as before replying so you don't get confused again and blow your cover ;)

Stallion

First Grade

I'll give you a tip for making more effective alt-accounts. Don't name them something like tri-colours (i.e. the team that you support), don't use the same writing style and check who you are logged in as before replying so you don't get confused again and blow your cover ;)

Lol!!!
You still are deluded! My word the guys that you dont seem to think are real should be having a good laugh now! I certainly have. You are not all there ! I suggest you seek psychological help.

Stallion

First Grade

That's funny! Whenever I touch bases with Tri_colours I'm sure we will have a chuckle on your assertions and accusations. Just hope some technical dude on this website can show how wrong you are eventually!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
7af8a18cf352e0ffbda1f8658f1e8a9e_w200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.