What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUST vs ZIMBABWE 1st Test

Nut

Juniors
Willow said:
Mathew Hayden. 334. Now equal with Bradman and Taylor
btw Gilchrist is 89. who cares about that?
Off 75 balls.

But if Zimbabwe could field...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Well done Matty,

all time Australian record 335* and still going. I think that deserves a beer. \\:D/

Btw wats wrong with the cric info live commentary it stopped when Hayden was on 326.

Nuffs

Bench
i just rang my mum to tell her i wouldn't be home for the weekend and she before i can say a word she all like: "OMG are you watching? OMG! it's so exciting. OMG! how good is this?"

i thought she'd won lotto or something

then she told me the news and i'm stoked

a great batsman for us aussies in the last few years. 15 centuries in 45 tests. bugger me that is good!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Top scores in test:

375 BC Lara
368 G Sobers
365* ML Hayden

Gilchrist has reached his 100 off 84 balls

alive103

Juniors
Just firstly, I want to say it's a great knock he's playing but in my opinion, Waugh should have declared when he was at 334 out of respect for Bradman.

My mate has a good theory though. He let him go to stick it up Lara. Maybe that is Waugh's mentality, give it to lara, no matter the circumstance!

Anonymous

Juniors
alive103 said:
Just firstly, I want to say it's a great knock he's playing but in my opinion, Waugh should have declared when he was at 334 out of respect for Bradman.

My mate has a good theory though. He let him go to stick it up Lara. Maybe that is Waugh's mentality, give it to lara, no matter the circumstance!
Well obviously it's for Lara's record now... but not to stick it up him.

Why should Waugh declare out of respect for Bradman? Taylor did it but he was the captain with the bat in his hand.

If the skipper declared and denied a batsmen a word record, there'd be hell to pay.
Bradman wouldnt care about Hayden breaking his record. Taylor didnt care and he's still talking.

371. Not far now....

Anonymous

Juniors
Here we go... 2 balls left before tea. He's done it.
You little bewdy.
thumbsup.gif

Anonymous

Juniors
Raiders 2004 said:
Congratulations Hayden!! 376 not out! i reckon he should keep on going!!
400?

Hard to say. Its tea and he has 376... Maybe Waugh will ask Hayden what he wants to do...
I say give him 10 overs to get the 400. Then declare.

Anonymous

Juniors
Congratulations Matthew Hayden 376*

=D> =D> =D> =D>

In regards to the 400, Australia has still well over 3 days to bowl Zim out twice. I say let him cut loose, not that he already hasn't. :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
I think Waugh will let him go for the 400.

When you think about this Zimbabwe side, bowling is their strength so the Aussie bowlers will have no trouble rolling them twice in 3 days.

Latest posts