What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia’s & NSW’s best young batter keen Wests Tigers

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Only just saw this on official site news section:

Michael Clarke
Young NSW and Australian Cricket sensation Michael Clarke made a visit to the Wests Tigers during the week. An aspiring young cricketer from the Western Suburbs of Sydney, Michael has been a long time supporter of the Western Suburbs Magpies and now the Wests Tigers.

Clarke is the future star of Australian cricket - a wonderful young batsman. Its great news he is a Wests Tigers fan. Any publicity can only help promote the club.

simon says

First Grade
I reckon im a pretty good judge of cricket flesh,and that kid is going to be a star.I havent seen a natural like him since Dougie Walters.I think he will be OZ's number 1 bat in a few years.

And to think he is one of ours is bloody great news.The club should try to get him as involved as possible.

Gobbso

Juniors
If the marketing department had any idea, they should be using Michael Clarke along with other high profiled sporting stars that support Wests as marketing tools, to help attract positive publicity and overall support. Imagine having when time permits of course, Dawn Fraser, Susie O'Neill, Jim Piper, Michael Clarke, Steve Waugh (who all support the club) attending Wests Tigers games, being involved in celebrity kickoff's, half time entertainment etc. It would create a general interest, and could possbily influence more fans to attend games to see these National hero's.

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Agreed Gobbso but seems to much to hope for.
Does Steve Waugh support Wests Tigers? Thought he was a Bulldogs fan?

tiger_nick

Bench
Steve and Mark Waugh are massive bulldogs fans, always have been. I also thought Susie O'neil was a brisbane fan?

simon says

First Grade
tiger_nick said:
Steve and Mark Waugh are massive bulldogs fans, always have been. I also thought Susie O'neil was a brisbane fan?
Mark goes for the dogs,Steve is on our side.

WHat a great list of celebrities,we really need to get them into action.

Bald Tiger

Juniors
That is mad news that Steve Waugh is a Wests Tigers fan! Brilliant.

Kosta Tszyu used to come to a few games.

Any others?

Lochie

Juniors
S Waugh was a Magpies fan wasnt he? Maybe he didnt want to jump to Wests Tigers, and took the Dogs.

godsuglychild

Juniors
Sleek The Elite From Pizza is a fan of the wests tigers. and i was thinking this topic would be about some little wanker like that big_bajouri fellow from over at rleague

braz

Juniors
steve waugh was a magpie fan. mark is the big doggie fan. makes sense doesn't it ;-)

steven bradbury is a wests tigers fan :lol:

tiger_nick

Bench
Well I suppose Steve Waugh was lying all those times I read in his tour diaries about how he supported Canterbury.

No no really im sure you ppl would know better than Steve himself about which rugby league team he supports.

I would love him to be a Magpies or Wests Tiger's fan but it isnt the case.

braz

Juniors
maaaatttte he is/was a magpies supporter.

on the footy show years ago he and mark were on.

fatty said "you both support the bulldogs" and steve replied "no wests actually"

i'm sure he mentioned it in his autobiography.

i don't know if he has abandoned the merger and switched to the dark side - i bloody hope not.

Gobbso

Juniors
It was last year as well, when both the Waugh brothers were on the show as guest hosts, and Chief stated that Steve was actually Western Suburbs Magpies supporter, and he did not deny it either...but with Mark being a Bulldog and both boys hailing from the Bankstown area, they are both seen as Bulldogs fans. So originally Steve was a Magpie before he became an adopted Bulldog fan.