What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia A

Timbo

Staff member
Not a terrible squad. I feel it's more a development thing than anything.

A smokey from that squad could be Faulkner. I feel he has the mettle to be a genuine test player.

yappy

Bench
I think Cosgrove has a pretty good claim. Certainly far more than Bailey of even Ferguson, but obviously he's had the line drawn through his name. I would also be perfectly happy for Lynn to be included. Looks very promising.

yappy

Bench
Faulkner is definitely someone I'd have sitting on the fringe. Especially for anything in England.

Red Bear

Referee
Hughes
Warner
Khawaja
Shaun Marsh
Nic Maddinson
Steven Smith
Tim Paine
Stephen O'Keefe
Trent Copeland
Peter George
James Pattinson

Beer can play 12th man
For 4-day cricket i'd swap Butterworth in for George at this point. I'd also consider Wade over Paine.

Dont think Warner is ready for longer form at this level just yet, let him have more time in the shield.

Glad to see Copeland recognised!

aussies1st

Staff member
Faulkner or Coulter-Nile look like the left arm bowlers we have been looking for to take over from Johnson.

Gidley Up

Juniors
Faulkner or Coulter-Nile look like the left arm bowlers we have been looking for to take over from Johnson.

Coulter-Nile is right-handed. Faulkner is okay. Would like to see his stats when he isn't playing on a seam-friendly Bellerive Oval every second week. Neither are close to Johnson.

Last edited:

aussies1st

Staff member
Coulter-Nile is right-handed. Faulkner is okay. Would like to see his stats when he isn't playing on a seam-friendly Bellerive Oval every second week. Neither are close to Johnson.

At this same stage I'm positive both bowlers are ahead of Johnson. And let's be honest it doesn't take much to be ahead of Johnson bar the 1 in 5 test where he delivers. In those other 4 there are a heap of bowlers that would look better than him.

Latest posts