What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia V Greece

Fin077

Juniors
I couldnt see another thread on this weeks game, so thought I'd start one.

What does everyone think of this game....are you excited about it with the WC so close or do you think it'll be a fizzer?

Have the Greeks brought their A side down here? Are they fair dinkum?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Good preparation for Australia thats all. No Cahill so we will have to see who goes where.

Macca_

Coach
Should be a good game.

Greece, no pressure, expect them to play some good football.

All our lads should put on a show too. The pressure will be building for the WC and here's a chance to release some of that. They'll probably not be hard at it with regards to challenges etc, but that'll make the game more open for mine and should be good to watch.

SP

Bench
pretty sure greece have about 8 or 9 from the Euro 2004 winning squad here to play

Fin077

Juniors
Glad to hear the Greeks have brought a major part of the Euro squad down here...Should be interesting.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Wonder how we'll line up without Kewell, Cahill and now Aloisi.

My guess is:

---------------------Schwartzer----------------------

---------Moore----------Neill----------Popovic--------

Emerton----------------Grella------------------Chippers

--------Culina---------Bresciano--------Thompson-----

------------------------Viduka------------------------

I'd like to see the following though:

- Beauchamp start instead of Popovic
- Josh Kennedy getting a run
- Milligan getting some game time

MONY

Juniors
I really rate Greece's strike pairing of Charisteas and Samaras..... will be watching how Moore and Neill go against these two quality players..

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
No offence Hybrid, but I think Hiddink has slightly more idea than you. I am happy to entrust the man with the selection duties :)

domdom

Juniors
i'll have fun watching it, and it will be interesting to see how our squad lines up against a defence that has kept out the likes of portugal and france.

my prediction is that we'll win 1-0 in a dour affair (greece will play 9 men behind the ball like they usually do).

borat

Bench
My guess is:

---------------------Schwartzer----------------------

---------Moore----------Neill----------Chipperfield-----

---------------Cullina----------Grella------------------

Emerton---------Bresciano---Skoko----------Thompson

------------------------Viduka------------------------

MONY

Juniors
hahah hes been very good for City since joining.... was he exceptional at Heerenveen anyone know

chileman

Coach
Fin077 said:
I couldnt see another thread on this weeks game, so thought I'd start one.

What does everyone think of this game....are you excited about it with the WC so close or do you think it'll be a fizzer?

Have the Greeks brought their A side down here? Are they fair dinkum?
Definately not a fizzer especially with a packed stadium down there, how good is it to see soccer alive and well in this country and the multicultural community of Melbourne is getting right behind the game (even though half might be cheering for Greece :lol: ) . By the way, I think Schwartzer is out!

Latest posts