What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia v Japan (Game 9)

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Schwarzer is a top class keeper, but much in the buffon style, who is not good with the rushes, for the Brazil game, with their flair id prefer Kalac, but then for the croatian game it should be schwarzer again.

Wilshire should be dropped and emerton should be made a right mid. Cahill slots straight it for Wilkshire. Id prefer.

--------Kalac---------

Neill-------------Moore----------Chipper

Bres/Emerton---------------Grella/skoko

-------------Cahill----Kewell-----------

------------Viduka----Aloisi/Kennedy---

Macca_

Coach
Awesome. Been watching the news and highlites tonight. Tears are happening I'll tell ya :lol:

What an amazing night!

C'arn Astrayer!!!

Moffo

Referee
i suffered the day with 3 hours sleep and a whoping hangover for that...

many would call me stupid

i would call it f**king brilliant! Marconi was nuts, people were throwing chairs around, jumping off tables, crash tackling people and running around with their shirts off!

my God, still speechless almost 24hrs afterwards. Aloisi, Cahill, have to start the next game.

f**k!!

Moffo

Referee
just reread bits of this thread....how exciting!

wilkshere was gobsh*te, should never play for australia again

j_tig

Juniors
watched the end of the game again tonight! still got excited as even though i knew what was going to happen!
cahill is awfully lucky to have stayed on the pitch but! studs up in the box in the last 10 mins - prob a get square from the atrocious goal!

choc_soldier

Coach
The last 10 minutes was as much as a surprise as it was ecstatic. Three beautiful strikes = three goals (especially Cahill's second - just pure class).

Beforehand, I was thinking of sleep, and pondering on what could have been. Then BANG BANG BANG!

Watching the replay today still has me gobsmacked - as well as having a severe dose of goosebumps.

A privilege to watch. Just when I thought November 16 was the best that it could get, this comes along.

Still buzzing nearly 24 hours later.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
borat said:
Anyone who knows something about the game will tell you Wilkshire didn't play to bad at all last night, and forced to play completely out of position. He was rubbish against Holland granted, but he was given a role to play last night and he was solid, didn't let anyone down and tracked the japanese midfield better than most.
Normally I am the last person who picks out individual players, and when others do I always point out the good things they bring to the game. But in this case, I am squarely in the 'Wilkshire must go' camp.

Maybe he was there to help the defenders, but he did a piss-poor job of it. Defensively he was caught in the wrong position many times(fair enough he was being played out of position). But, most importantly of all, he constantly gave the ball straight back to the Japanese. It's no good being there to stop the opponents attacks (even if you're good at it), if you give it straight back to them to try again. Not only will you be constantly putting your defence under more pressure, but you stop your own team from getting into any rhythm.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
What about Josh Kennedy?

I'd never heard of him before the Leichenstein match. But he was the one good thing to come out of that match, and then he changed the game when he came on against Japan. He caused havoc amongst their defence, not only with his pure height but also with some intelligent runs that either put himself into space or created openings for others. He presence was what gave Cahill the opportunity to score his goals. If he can keep this up, we've got ourselves a major weapon here.

lol, from the moment Kennedy came onto the field I found myself chanting things under my breath like 'Get the ball to Kennedy', 'Come on Kennedy', 'Go you big bastard' and numerous other variations. I don't know about you guys, but he has really captured my imagination.

I've been starting to worry a bit lately about what we're going to do post-Viduka. I don't really know another young forward who can lead the line coming through the ranks. But Kennedy gives me hope.

Macca_

Coach
In the early hours of Tuesday morning, the Japanese were bombed by two Australian subs.

There's some irony for you :D

j_tig

Juniors
Mad Dogg said:
What about Josh Kennedy?

I'd never heard of him before the Leichenstein match. But he was the one good thing to come out of that match, and then he changed the game when he came on against Japan. He caused havoc amongst their defence, not only with his pure height but also with some intelligent runs that either put himself into space or created openings for others. He presence was what gave Cahill the opportunity to score his goals. If he can keep this up, we've got ourselves a major weapon here.

lol, from the moment Kennedy came onto the field I found myself chanting things under my breath like 'Get the ball to Kennedy', 'Come on Kennedy', 'Go you big bastard' and numerous other variations. I don't know about you guys, but he has really captured my imagination.

I've been starting to worry a bit lately about what we're going to do post-Viduka. I don't really know another young forward who can lead the line coming through the ranks. But Kennedy gives me hope.
its funny u say that, everyone at my place was doing the same thing - started off because we had no idea who he was and he looked funny with the electrical tape headband but he had a top game, second only to cahill in my opinion

Latest posts