What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia v New Zealand

Craig

Juniors
Well they are supposed to be playing this weekend.

Australia played pretty well v Turkey without the results going their way.

As much as it pains me to say this, Australia 2-0.

weasel

First Grade
Why would it pain you? :? Are you a kiwi, Craig?

I think this will be the strongest line-up we've fielded against New Zealand in a while and if we can start shooting on target I'd predict a scoreline of around 4-0.

Naturally, I was distracted by the other big game on Saturday, Tahiti v Fiji.

But I'd say 4-0 sounds about right - the Turkey games were a good warm up and with Aloisi to come back into the side, they'll be way to strong for NZ.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
We played well in the 2nd Turkey game, so if we perform anything like that again we should win comfortably. My tip is 3-0.

MEE

Juniors
SOCCEROOS SQUAD FOR OFC NATIONS CUP: Paul Agostino (1860 Munich, Germany), John Aloisi (Osasuna, Spain), Marco Bresciano (Parma, Italy), Tim Cahill (Millwall, England), Scott Chipperfield (FC Basel, Switzerland), Simon Colosimo (Parramatta Power, Australia), Ahmad Elrich (Parramatta Power, Australia), Brett Emerton (Blackburn Rovers, England), Vince Grella (Empoli, Italy), Zeljko Kalac (Perugia, Italy), Patrick Kisnorbo (Heart of Midlothian, Scotland), Steve Laybutt (Excelsior Mouscron, Belgium), Stan Lazaridis (Birmingham City, England), Adrian Madaschi (Partick Thistle, Scotland), Jade North (Perth Glory, Australia), Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough, England), Josip Skoko (Genclerbirligi, Turkey), Mile Sterjovski (FC Basel, Switzerland), Tony Vidmar (Cardiff City, Wales), Max Vieri (Napoli, Italy), David Zdrilic (Aberdeen, Scotland)

thewizard1o1

Juniors
No...as far as i know SBS will not be covering it. But i would assume there would be a good highlights package on Sunday. :evil:

Melstar

Juniors
barely anyone even knows that this game is on.

IMO, the oens to watch are: Bresciano, Vierie, Grella and Cahill.

Still cannot beleive that Steve Laybutt is in there. He must have been playing some sensational games in the past year, as he was shit for us.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Laybutt was caught out in the last two game against Turkey....normally he wouldn't get a look in but with all the injuries to our centre backs we needed someone to fill in. Also it must be said that the Turkey strikers are world class players and give any defender in the world trouble on their day.

Craig

Juniors
thewizard1o1 said:
No...as far as i know SBS will not be covering it. But i would assume there would be a good highlights package on Sunday. :evil:

Well The World Game is on for an hour, so I would assume they talk about it :?

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Craig said:
thewizard1o1 said:

Well The World Game is on for an hour, so I would assume they talk about it :?

Yeah i just read that on their website, got the S***s and punched the wall...now my hand hurts :cry:

MEE

Juniors
Thank you for taking the time to contact the Australian Soccer Association regarding the upcoming OFC Nations Cup tournament.

Unfortunately, as is standard with all major soccer competitions, the broadcasting rights for this event are not held by the competing teams but instead, are held by the Organisers of the event i.e. the OFC Confederation.

Despite lobbying by the Australian Soccer Association, we were unable to arrange a live or delayed forecast of the game due to prior scheduling commitments from SBS. Highlights from the game will be shown on The World Game on SBS on Sunday.

We appreciate the frustration that you may feel in not being able to watch the match, especially after the recent International fixtures with Turkey, and the association shares your disappointment.

We hope that this will not discourage your support of the Socceroos and Australian soccer and we look forward to your continued support.

Regards

Administration

Australian Soccer Association

thewizard1o1

Juniors
While it doesn't discourage my support for the socceroos, this isn't exactly helping the matter greatly....We don't see enough of the socceroos as it is.

weasel

First Grade
We only won 1-0. :| With all due respect to New Zealand I wouldn't have even found a two goal margin particularly satisfying. We did them in far better in the last world cup qualifiers with a weaker squad. We really need to work on our finishing.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Yeah 1-0 was pretty bad for us, even more so that i'm came from a free kick. hopefully he can get some form in front of goal against the other nations.

Craig

Juniors
weasel said:
We only won 1-0. :| With all due respect to New Zealand I wouldn't have even found a two goal margin particularly satisfying. We did them in far better in the last world cup qualifiers with a weaker squad. We really need to work on our finishing.

And New Zealand had their chance's of winning as well.