What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia v the Zimboks (Second Test)

Bomber

Bench
Zimbabwe won the toss and will bat first

Looks like the test could be finished by Sunday - small crowd according to the ABC lads. (Go Kerry O'Keefe!)

Irvine out, Evans out, Ewing and some bloke called Blessing Mahwire :) in for the Zimboks.

Williams and Katich in, Bracken twelfth man.

Bomber

Bench
It might even be over by tomorrow.....but perhaps I'm being too harsh on the Zimboks.

Zimbabwe 3/73 (23.3)

Carlisle 17*
Wishart 10*

Lee, Bichel and Williams all have wickets

Matt23

Staff member
Congratulations to Carlise for being the first player from Zimbabwe to score a century against Australia.

bucko

Juniors
Brett Lee has torn a stomach muscle and will be out for the rest of the test, possibly next test. So that officially takes out every member of our A team of bowlers, McGrath, Gillespie, Lee and Warne/Macgill.

Anonymous

Juniors
I wonder who his replacement for the India tour will be? (Same with Lehmann for that matter, no replacement for him has been named either)

I'm tipping Kasprowicz and Katich.

Anonymous

Juniors
For the bowling spot it has to be out of Braken, Kasprowicz or Matthew Inness.

I hope Inness gets the spot. He has been an outstanding performer for Victoria for the last 3 -5 years now and has been unrewarded.

Definatly deserves a shot.

I am not sure on the batting spot. Seems Kitch would be the likely replacment, but I don't know if he fits into the Aussie Selectors Description of a 'One Day Batsmen'

At full strength for the Indian tour the team would probably look something like this;

Hayden
Gilchrist
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Maher
Symonds/Harvey
Hogg
Bichel
Williams
Braken

I tend to think with the way the pitches are in India, Symonds may get the All-Rounder spot due to the fact he can bowl spin.

Stevo_G

Juniors
not many people have attended the series v zimbabwe maybe should of started the series in nov might got better crowd maybe

Anonymous

Juniors
The Aussies are commited to a one day series in India plus the clash with the RUWC led to an early series.