What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia vs. England

perverse

Referee
I'm not arguing that. But I don't give a f**k about other clubs. I don't support them, I support the Roosters. Why should I want them to be a better chance to win?:roll:
i'm trying to explain that quality players are a perfect fit anywhere, and he is certainly a quality player. to say he's a perfect fit at the Roosters implies he would be an imperfect fit elsewhere, which he really wouldn't. every club in the NRL that has some cap space to work with will be having a crack at him, i guarentee it.

chefman21

Juniors
i'm trying to explain that quality players are a perfect fit anywhere, and he is certainly a quality player.
Never said that they weren't?
to say he's a perfect fit at the Roosters implies he would be an imperfect fit elsewhere, which he really wouldn't. every club in the NRL that has some cap space to work with will be having a crack at him, i guarentee it.
Never said he wasn't a prefect fit elsewhere. Hence the interest from most clubs.

Big Pete

Referee
:lol: Can't believe some of you are blaming the refs for the result.

Haven't seen an unfair try at the moment, a few forward passes have been let go but that's it.

The 18th Man

Juniors
3 - Luke Lewis
2 - Sam Thaiday
1 - David Shillington

What a shocking second half. Horrible. The weather helped but so did our "let's play dry weather footy" attitude. Hated the penalty goal decision and from where I sat, Graham had every right to put one on Smith.

Lewis outstanding. Thaiday not far behind. Shillington off the bench was great. Gallen was strong too.

Not too much to write home about for England. Burgess tried hard, his hands let him down again on occasion and in horrible field position. It's a knock on him and it is an area he has to work on. Whilst he does enough to make up for his errors, his hands put a lot of pressure on his side more often than he'd care to mention. Graham was strong. I liked the look of their starting pack, really took it to us early.

perverse

Referee
I have been. It's an undeniable fact that Australia have looked far better with the two Canberra props on the field.
i don't disagree with you. what i'm trying to say is that aside from a minute or 2 either side, Burgess was also off the field for most of that time, which contributed to England looking even worse, too.

Australia were definitely better the Canberra boys on the field, i'm not disputing that. England were also a different brand of pathetic without Burgess out there. i'm surprised you even argued with it in the first place... but hey i often wonder what goes on inside your head.

perverse

Referee
Never said that they weren't?

Never said he wasn't a prefect fit elsewhere. Hence the interest from most clubs.
i'm just in a sh*t mood, hate your club (it's full of merkins, latte sippers, cash grabbers, it has no morals, etc etc), was bored of the footy and was being pedantic. the cricket is on now, thank goodness.

have a nice day.

D

Deleted member 10972

Remember they are missing a fair few players. Their starting front row - Morley, Sinfield, Peacock - are all missing.

Morley
Sinfield
Peacock
Burgess
Ellis
O'Loughlin

Roby
Westwood
Crabtree/Fielden
Graham

Now that has to be one of the best forward packs England has been potentially able to get on the park in a long time.

Tomkins needs to be at five-eighth. He is a running half much like Carney, and looks to have far more potential than McGuire used to at five-eighth. Robinson is a decent fill-in halfback but first choices have to be Warrington's Richie Myler and Wigan's Kyle Eastmond.

Backline...well I have no idea.

mattystans000

Juniors
:lol: Can't believe some of you are blaming the refs for the result.

Haven't seen an unfair try at the moment, a few forward passes have been let go but that's it.

Did you not see the blatant forward pass from Lewis to Cronk that gave Tuqiri a Try at 45:52? Not saying that those 6 points took the game away from England, but there were plenty more calls that went against us without any right.

No matter how woeful England were tonight, it's hard to get in the game when you haven't got a fair ref for a good portion of the game. All I want is the ref to give us a fair game and let us lose on our own merits.

Big Pete

Referee
Did you not see the blatant forward pass from Lewis to Cronk that gave Tuqiri a Try at 45:52?

Haven't gotten up to there yet.

Just watched the first half and under the current rules every try is fine. I do think the rules have to be reviewed though especially when it comes to grounding. The separation rule is bollocks.

mattystans000

Juniors
Haven't gotten up to there yet.

Just watched the first half and under the current rules every try is fine. I do think the rules have to be reviewed though especially when it comes to grounding. The separation rule is bollocks.

Well at least your not blind, your just doing the time warp. :)

Latest posts