What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia vs. England

The 18th Man

Juniors
If anything, Australia's ordinary display tonight kept it closer than England were entitled in my opinion. A more disciplined Australian side could of racked up a score against the England team who routinely handed over cheap posession inside their own half.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
There is no doubt England were pretty woeful, but how as a team are they supposed to maintain their spirits when they have three dogey tries ruled against them in a matter of minutes and they see a 2 point lead baloon out to a 12 deficit? All hope just goes out the window. The same thing happened last week as well. Basically they have flown around the world and been dudded by the refs. I haven't had a look into the rlfans forum yet, but if it is bad here you can bet that they are going off in there.

no name

Coach
Haven't gotten up to there yet.

Just watched the first half and under the current rules every try is fine. I do think the rules have to be reviewed though especially when it comes to grounding. The separation rule is bollocks.

Cronk blatantly knocked the ball on in lewis' second try. England were absolutely hopeless but that shouldn't excuse referees and video refs from being inept at their jobs.

adamkungl

Immortal
Haven't gotten up to there yet.

Just watched the first half and under the current rules every try is fine. I do think the rules have to be reviewed though especially when it comes to grounding. The separation rule is bollocks.

The NRLs nonsense separation rule isnt even used in Internationals. There is no way Tate should have scored.

mrpwnd

Bench
How bout when Cameron Smith kick-tapped the ball after the penalty and England were reprimanded for interpreting it as it is.
Isn't that allowed in international footy?

hellteam

First Grade
That was some f*ckin sh*thouse refereeing. Cronk knocked it on OBVIOUSLY for Lewis' second try, Tate did not score, and Lewis threw it forward. I am seriously sick of this sh*t, the referees are ruining rugby league you can't play a match anymore without there being at least 3 ridiculous decisions, by the on field refs and video refs, it's a f**kin joke

mrpwnd

Bench
Was NRL refereeing always this horrible?
It's been like this that I can't remember the last time a game managed to get away without a controversial decision or 2.

to_ddeath

Coach
Gradually lost interest in that sh*thouse game when Tate got awarded that try in the corner after 6,000 replays. How did that get the green light? Had clearly no control over the ball in the putdown.

T.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
I'd forgotten about the Smith false tap. That was absolutely pathetic from Archer. The pom should have just launched himself into Smith, he would have had no case to answer for whatsoever.

I'll be gobsmacked if the England camp don't come out in the press and have a go at the refereeing.

Last edited:

mrpwnd

Bench
I'd forgotten about the Cronk false tap. That was absolutely pathetic from Archer. The pom should have just launched himself into Cronk, he would have had no case to answer for whatsoever.

I'll be gobsmacked if the England camp don't come out in the press and have a go at the refereeing.
They have every right to as well.
It was Smith that did the tap but, Cronk is also a dickhead as well so it's easy to make that mistake.
Anyone watching the game in a right frame of mind could see that Australia were hand fed a good part of the momentum in that game.

The 18th Man

Juniors
As per the RLIF website, page 5 of their rule book:

Grounding the ball means:

a) Placing the ball on the ground with hand or hands or

b) exerting a downward pressure on the ball with hand or arm, the ball itself being on the ground or

c) dropping the ball and covering it with the part of the body above the waist and below the neck, the ball itself being on the ground.

This document is listed under 'Key Documents' dated 3rd August 2010. I assume it's current.

The 18th Man

Juniors
As for the Cam Smith incident, Section 13 clearly confirmed as far as I see it that England had every right to hit Smith.

Latest posts