What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia vs France result

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Great result!....well done to the French!!

Apparently the score at half time was 12-4??.....this is a very encouaging sign for international Rugby League as the French didn't even have there best side avaliable.....not that Australia did either but?...well you can see my point!

Good crowd also.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
And the French thought they would even get thrashed, they even thought about calling the game off.

In the end a good result, I hope French Rugby League improves and I hope they can match it next time against the Aussies. This game is a bit of concern for Australia going into the test matches against Great Britain.

Misty Bee

First Grade
eastsrule said:
chriswalkerbush said:
JD- you are a deadset dickhead. I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Grow up.

Comparing the RU WC fixtures to the NRL is like comparing the soccer World Cup to the NSL. You make the argument that Super 12 doesn't rate as well as the NRL because it's only a new comp- but hasn't Sydney Club Rugby been around longer than the NSWRL/ARL/SL/NRL phenomenon?

Why is it that the 'upstart' Sydney clubs managed to form a national comp whilst the Union clubs they sprang from still can't manage to do any better than ABC coverage and a crowd of hundreds?

Back on topic- I am incredibly pleased with the result. I stumbled drunkedly to the nearest Pay TV capable house this morning to watch the game. Was pissed off to find Fox had snobbed it in favour of a shite RU fixture which no one cared about the first time around. Saw Fulham hammer Man Utd though. :)

Chris

Thanks Chris.

I agree Sydney Club Rugby has been around for in fact longer. But the clubs have always wanted to keep it amateur. It was only last year when 'Premier Rugby' was introduced. And I don't think many of the fans like it. They like watching a bit of amatuerism.

A Wallaby test match would get the same amount of coverage as an NRL Grand Final, probably less. Super 12 doesn't get NEARLY the same coverage as NRL. So it is putting things into perspective.

A Wallaby test match would have a 10th of the interest of a NRL GF. EVen the openeing ceremony (falsely advertised by Channel 7 as the most watched Rugby event in Australia's history) was dwarfed by the NRL GF (as was the crowd). And that was for a tournament that had more hype than a Royal Wedding!!!!

The Union world cup is a dead set joke! All the best union players are League rejects. (You are claiming Jason Robinson as a megastar - who struggled in League even to make the Pommy side). Each side has a League player teaching them how to tackle.

Face it, the only legit Rugby World Cup is the League one, going since 1954. Union are even pinching a name that is ours.

Funniest thing is watch the mass exodus of Union test players into the Presidents Cup next year. Union can't match Leaguie on the field, and it certainly can't match it of the field either.

Go and enjoy Namibia v Ecuador!

Mango

Juniors
Misty bee,

If u are going to quote lies as fact then please PISS OFF.

To get back on topic, I have to express surprise at the result of the Kangaroos vs French Selection. Given the lack of media coverage does anyone know as factual the composition of the French Selection. It is an ambiguous term that could mean a selection of anyone made by Frenchmen. My understanding is that French League is rarer than a pretty female Parisian virgin aged over 16 (wan't to keep it legal).
Is this a (factual) sign that league is stronger in france than believed. or are the roos weaker than thought or was it a set up with overseas opposition. Factual answers rather than wishful answers, would be appreciated.

Edwahu

Bench
It was basically a French A side made up of all french players from the french clubs and a couple from RSL.

Of course, its hard for the French league after French Unions FACTUAL history of shame.

iggy plop

First Grade
Great result.

Much better than the farcical matches the Wallabies have been involved in so far.

Great news too about a French side entering the english super league comp.

eastsrule

Bench
iggy plop said:
Great result.

Much better than the farcical matches the Wallabies have been involved in so far.

Watch Ireland vs Australia on November 1 please.

dimitri

First Grade
watch ireland v aus

for

penalty goals
continual stoppages
seeing the ball kicked into touch

:roll: :roll:

how exciting

JasonE

Bench
Why would anyone RL fans want to watch Irelands RU team ?

They are overweight, slow boring and have no talent whatsover.

I can go down to my local u/16 RL teams games every saturday morning and watch better athletes and more skilful players..

Pierced Soul

First Grade
At least League play internationals against countries who know how to play the game. Does namibia or whatever the hell it is even have any footballs to play with, or did they just get a bunch of locals who wanted a free trip?

p.s. the French result was great, again I am annoyed that fox didnt show it and instead chose to show fatarses stumbling around the field and taking field goal attempts when their 40 points behind

Misty Bee

First Grade
Mango said:
Misty bee,

If u are going to quote lies as fact then please PISS OFF.

To get back on topic, I have to express surprise at the result of the Kangaroos vs French Selection. Given the lack of media coverage does anyone know as factual the composition of the French Selection. It is an ambiguous term that could mean a selection of anyone made by Frenchmen. My understanding is that French League is rarer than a pretty female Parisian virgin aged over 16 (wan't to keep it legal).
Is this a (factual) sign that league is stronger in france than believed. or are the roos weaker than thought or was it a set up with overseas opposition. Factual answers rather than wishful answers, would be appreciated.

OK. Whenever I decide to quote lies as facts, I'll do just that.

Until that far away event happens, I'll remind you that the NRL GF attracted over 3 million viewers nationwide. C7 falsely advertised thei 2.88 million was a record.

And it is common knowledge that League ceos' with the knowledge that Union recruits are salary cap exempt, are scouring the ranks. Iestyn Harris is already believed to have settled a deal with Leeds. He won't be on his Pat Malone.

BTW, thanks for showing maturity on the forum!

Misty Bee

First Grade
eastsrule said:

Only if the other 4 channels are showing the test pattern.

Actually, it would be a toss up. The SBS test patern can be interesting at times.....

The Colonel

Immortal
XIII Bleu :
1 Julien GERIN (Toulouse XIII) –
2 Dimitri PELO (Cronula Sharks) –
3 Sylvain HOULES (Wakefield Trinity Wildcats) –
4 Teddy SADDAOUI (AS Carcassonne) –
5 Frédéric ZITTER (Toulouse XIII) –
6 Frédéric BANQUET (AS Carcassonne) –
7 Julien RINALDI (UTC) –
8 Olivier PRAMIL (Toulouse XIII) –
9 Cédric GAY (Toulouse XIII) –
10 Jérôme GUISSET (Warrington Wolves) –
11 Daniel DUMAS (Cronula Sharks) –
12 Djamel FAKIR (UTC) –
13 John VAIGAFA (Limoux XIII) .

Interchange : 14 Artie SHEAD (Toulouse XIII) – 15 Pierre SABATIE (Villeneuve XIII) – 16 Abde EL KALOUKI (Villefranche de Rouergue) – 17 Marc FAUMUINA (Villefranche de Rouergue) . Reserve: David FERRIOL (Limoux XIII)

The majority of the team seems to have been found from the French teams aside from the two Sharks and Houles and Guisett. Guisset played some football for the Raiders - one first grade game possibly more if I remember correctly.

ali

Bench
Guisett had a few for Canberra as a 19 or 20 year old. Then moved back to France and then on to Warrington. Pelo is meant to be a good young player and will probably be one of our first grade wingers next year.

What about the Kiwis though. Artie Shead is one, is he actually eligable for the French test team. Faumuina and Vaigafa don't sound like French names. Was it Fakir who supposedly picked up and smashed Villasanti?

iggy plop

First Grade
eastsrule said:
iggy plop said:
Great result.

Hope it's better than the mismatch between the two sides in Perth earlier this year. :roll:

iggy plop

First Grade
XIII Bleu :
1 Julien GERIN (Toulouse XIII) –
2 Dimitri PELO (Cronula Sharks) –

Good to see Dimi out their playing in between posts :D :D :D :D