What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia will play either Tonga or England in the final

DC_fan

Coach
well the preliminaries are just about over. Next week we have the quarterfinals. It looks likely that Australia will play either England or Tonga in the final.

Here’s hoping the Tongans make it.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
England need to get past png yet, won't be an easy QF, I don't think any QF is a sure thing besides Australia smashing the lazy Samoans

NRLMad

Juniors
I don’t think Australia should take nz for granted. Nz need to ambush Australia not play their game. Australia are mega vulnerable. Shut down smith shut down Australia.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
If tonga can beat New Zealand Fiji could be a sneaky chance. I don't think fiji have the forwards to go with Nz. Fiji has a very explosive and dangerous backline.

If England play like they have in the second half of the last 2 weeks, png are a chance. Png just have to learn to hold the ball lol.

I'm calling it a let down game for tonga, Lebanon could be a sneaky chance, Lebanon more then had respectable games against Australia and England. Well origanised in defence.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Even though I'd love to be cheeering England on in the final, I wouldn't be dissapointed in a nz v Tonga final!

Billythekid

First Grade
Even though I'd love to be cheeering England on in the final, I wouldn't be dissapointed in a nz v Tonga final!

The tournament organisers must be loving it. Whilst I'm sure they were planning on NZ playing in the NZ semi this is so much better. Both semis will be competitive now. Also the GF could be something special. If Tonga make it what a fairy tale story that would be. They also either face NZ after that epic showdown or Australia which is the local team. If Tonga miss out they'll likely get Aus v Eng which is likely the biggest potential in terms of ratings.

deluded pom?

Coach
The thread title speaks volumes about why the rest of us think Australians are arrogant. Not all Aussies of course but too many for my liking.

Bennyfishel

Juniors
I don’t think Australia should take nz for granted. Nz need to ambush Australia not play their game. Australia are mega vulnerable. Shut down smith shut down Australia.

What a load of codswhallop,...Australia is the Only team that has all 13 players playing.not just Smith.

DC_fan

Coach
The thread title speaks volumes about why the rest of us think Australians are arrogant. Not all Aussies of course but too many for my liking.

It is called Australian exceptionalism in Rugby League. However, for the good of the international game I long for the day when Australia does not make a World Cup final. Not because they have played badly, but because the other nations have played better.

Bennyfishel

Juniors

It is understandable you poms dislike Australian RL BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T WON AN INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION IN WHICH AUSTRALIA HAVE BEEN PLAYING IN SINCE 1978....YES 39 YEARS SINCE YOU WON ANYTHING IMPORTANT. SO WE ARE QUITE JUSTIFIED IN BEING ARROGANTTO THE POMS:p:D:rolleyes:

Springs09

Juniors
I'm not too impressed with Fiji. Smashed the two weakest teams in the comp and were average until the last 15 minutes against Italy.

Loving this finals draw though. If Australia and NZ make the semi it will be amazing, and hopefully the Kiwis attacking footy will be allowed to come out and not be dominated by our boring wrestle.

An England v Tonga semi will be just as amazing, with for the first time since France before the 70s a fourth nation that is not just making up the numbers and could even start favourites.

And two other quarter-finalists in PNG and Fiji where, while expected to lose, they aren't expected to be smashed by 50 and will bring a legitimate contest.

grouch

First Grade
England have the toughest travel schedule of any of the remaining teams. They've been forced to travel decent distances every week, whereas all the other QFinalists have had (or will have) at least 2 consecutive games in the same city/region at some point

Just adds to the challenge for them