What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Open

Razor

Coach
I seen this on another forum. I think it sums up the situation perfectly

Henin was suffering from an ailment called "soreloseritis", which used
to severly affect Serena Williams some years back. This rare syndrome
is exaggerated severely by an opponent's great play, and tends to
result in withdrawals, defaults, and general quitting with imaginary
ailments, all of the above being aimed at diminishing the opponent's
victory. Henin is clearly suffering from an exaggerated form of the
illness, which until today hadn't been known to appear in a Grand Slam final

go_the_doggies

Juniors
I think something was really wrong with Henin Hardenne...she doesnt quit that easily
I really felt sorry for her...:(
She was crying and everything....poor girl...:cry:
What a way to win a grand slam ae??
I wouldnt know what to do...cheer or not cheer

Cletus

First Grade
GReat match between Federer and the Bagman. I'm going for Federer know. He seems a bit out of sorts.

Raider_69

Post Whore
federer has gone up a gear... marcos cant seem to go with him at the moment... he will need to put that 3rd set out of his mind early or federer will have this championship before marcos has time to blink

Raider_69

Post Whore
federer has won, fairly comfortably in the end... marcos can hold his head high, he is only young and will get better with age. I can see a few more Marcos V Roger finals in the next few years

go_the_doggies

Juniors
Yay go fed :)
Tis good that he won...marcos just ran outta enegry in the end....
How emotional was rodger's speech :(...poor fella :p

aussies1st

Staff member
Well played Federer, he wasn't at his best this tournament yet he still managed to win the grand slam. Marcos had a great open, hes given those Greeks something else to cheer about now.

Razor

Coach
go_the_doggies said:
Yay go fed :)
Tis good that he won...marcos just ran outta enegry in the end....
How emotional was rodger's speech :(...poor fella :p

I think it was the first time Peter Carter's parents were in his box for a Grand Slam since Wimbledon 2003(Rogers first slam). Peter Carter was his former coach who was killed in a car accident in 2002. He wasn't Roger's coach for several years, but they remained close and he was due to coach the Swiss Davis Cup team in 2003.

It's been suggested that them being in the box added to the emotion.

NPK

Bench
Why does a top player even need a coach? Federed is a better player than his coaches, and he knows how to play.

Rammo said:
To call Federer the best player in history is such an overstatement imo.

Who has he beaten of any substance in this tournament?

Sampras nailed players who were Federer's standard to win his Grand Slams, Federer has had noone to beat.

He had to beat players like Agassi, Rafter, Courier, Chang, Becker, Edberg even.

Interesting as a young 20 year old Comrade Safin crushed Sampras in straight sets to win the US Open in 2000 - Federer has the game to have matched Sampras and i think beat him too.

People also forget that "c'mon" Hewitt also crushed Sampras in straight sets to win the US open in 2001.

If Federer wins 15 will he be better??