What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Open

Razor

Coach
NPK said:
Why does a top player even need a coach? Federed is a better player than his coaches, and he knows how to play.

Tactics. Players can't go and watch all the other players, to see how they play. Same as football players are better players than their coaches, but they still have coaches.

Most top players have a 2-3 coaches, plus a stringer. Agassi travels with 4 coaches + a personal stringer.

go_the_doggies

Juniors
Razor said:
I think it was the first time Peter Carter's parents were in his box for a Grand Slam since Wimbledon 2003(Rogers first slam). Peter Carter was his former coach who was killed in a car accident in 2002. He wasn't Roger's coach for several years, but they remained close and he was due to coach the Swiss Davis Cup team in 2003.

It's been suggested that them being in the box added to the emotion.
Yea i heard the commentators say about his former coach...that woulda been hard to deal with

Parra Guru

Coach
Rammo said:
To call Federer the best player in history is such an overstatement imo.

Who has he beaten of any substance in this tournament?

Sampras nailed players who were Federer's standard to win his Grand Slams, Federer has had noone to beat.

He had to beat players like Agassi, Rafter, Courier, Chang, Becker, Edberg even.

Fed would beat them aswell if he had the chance

go_the_doggies

Juniors
I love Fed hes cool...hes been my fav tennis player...well my fav mens tennis player for a while now....I love the swiss's :D

lockyno1

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
Fed would beat them aswell if he had the chance

Debatable, and we will never know. Sampras at him prime, Agassi at his prime were damn good players as well!

Latest posts