1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

INCLUDES team lists, match previews, match reports, key stats and news from around the National Rugby League - 36 pages and packed full.

EDITION 2 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Australian pre game hukka And opening ceremony

Discussion in 'World Cup 2021' started by Irish-bulldog, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Irish-bulldog

Irish-bulldog Juniors

Well JT's pre game message or whatever it was meant to be was cringe worthy lol, it's copping an absolute pasting on social media. Look they meant well, but it was embarrassing, the whole opening ceremony was pretty shit to be far, how about actually getting something from each culture, a real piss poor lazy effort. If we are trying to make the World Cup an event worth attending or watching let's at least try and put some effort in hey ?.

Lucky for us the English put up a fight on the field, hopefully more entertaining games over the weekend.

2. Last Week

Last Week Bench

It was cringe worthy. Just embarrassing.

I get this whole 'RISE' thing is a team building philosophy, but keep it in the team. Doing a synchronised swimming thing like that is just embarrassing.

3. Yoda

Yoda Juniors

4. Irish-bulldog

Irish-bulldog Juniors

The opening ceremony was garbage , when will they start making this a professional event ?.

5. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

Shocker, they did it well in england last time, this one was sht all round.

6. AlwaysGreen

AlwaysGreen Immortal

Never heard of the hukka.

Pedge1971, gUt and titoelcolombiano like this.
  7. redvee78

redvee78 Juniors

Terrible. Why do it? Maybe I'll missing some cultural significance, but it was dreadful. The other flags and lights stuff was ok as entertainment

8. DlEHARD

DlEHARD Juniors

It was ridiculous

9. deluded pom?

deluded pom? Coach

As an outsider looking in that seems to be the problem. I don't want to try and make this a dick measuring comp but it's like we (Brits) take the WC more seriously than you do in Australia. Until that attitude changes the WC in the SH will always come across as a nuisance to the organisers. Something to rush through so they can concentrate on the NRL.

10. siv

siv Bench

Openning ceremony was better than expected

The Aussie hukka started good but had no were coming to get you ending

11. Dakink

Dakink Bench

I didn't mind the opening ceremony. It also got my teenage daughters watching. Didnt realise how much of a draw card JT is, my 4 girls all support the Dragons and JT lol

RedVee likes this.
  12. Emu01

Emu01 Juniors

I was watching at Cowboys Leagues and when Casey Donaven was singing everyone loved it.National anthems wer good I thought.

13. East Coast Tiger

East Coast Tiger Coach

Not terrible for $100. Unless it cost more.

14. Golden point

Golden point Juniors

That thing that the aussies did...
    I was embarrassed for them.
    It was like a children's play but without the cute kids.

15. Raiders_Premiers

Raiders_Premiers First Grade

It was unbearably cringeworthy

Golden point likes this.
  16. GAZF

GAZF First Grade

It sucked the excitement out of the pre-game that the national anthems usually provide.

17. Saxon

Saxon Juniors

I thought the Welcome to Country thing was ok. Needs work, but was respectful and a fair way to start the competition.
    The pre-match entertainment though was embarrassingly awful.

18. unforgiven

unforgiven Bench

Imagine being one of the players, you would have had no choice but to be involved, it was JT's idea and no player could say no lol

Meth likes this.
  19. Lemon Squash

Lemon Squash First Grade

To be honest I flicked on the opening ceremony about half way through and maybe lasted 30-40 seconds at most...I saw Casey Donavon and then some backup dancer who looked like he was plucked straight out of 1986 and I thought nah I’ll come back when the footy starts.

Then I flick over just in time to catch the ‘War Cry/dance/welcome’ whatever you want to call it... it will go down as the most cringeworthy thing I have ever seen on a footy field, and I was there when Peter Wallace almost lost a testicle.

What the f**k was that shit? Surely the players must have known how bad that was going to be, why didn’t someone say big Mal no offence but this is super gay.

What I can’t believe though is every single person I have spoken to agrees with me, yet the media are frothing over how good it was etc.. Fox Sports put out a post saying simply #Chills hahaha the comments from the punters are hilarious

Pedge1971 and Irish-bulldog like this.
  20. Pommy

Pommy Coach

The opening ceremony was fine nothing great nothing dreadful about what I expected.
    The welcome to country was just awful though. I would like to see Australia do the war dance just like the all stars game. Sure it might not be great to begin with but over time it would improve. NZ have shown you do not need the captain to lead proceedings, so if Smith was not comfortable with it let someone else take the lead.
    I hope this was only for the opening game as I really do not want to waste more of my life watching it.
    Did anyone see what the guy playing the didgeridoo was wearing? A bright red jacket with black shiny trousers about 3 sizes to big for him. I noticed he had tinted glasses on, has someone played a prank on a disabled guy?

Irish-bulldog likes this.