What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Team

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Just under 4 weeks until the Test against NZ.

1. Tedesco
2. Addo-Carr
3. Inglis
4. Mitchell
5. Holmes
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. McGuire
9. Cook
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner
12. Frizzell
13. Trbojevic

14. Papalii
15. Crichton
16. McLean
17. Arrow

If they are going to pick a utility on the bench, I guess Ben Hunt is the best option with Michael Morgan out.

Springs09

Juniors
Gagai would have to be before Addo-Carr, as incumbent and his rep form is always good.

I'd have Maloney over Cherry-Evans.

Campbell-Gillard in there somewhere.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Gagai would have to be before Addo-Carr, as incumbent and his rep form is always good.

I'd have Maloney over Cherry-Evans.

Campbell-Gillard in there somewhere.

Disagree on all 3. I would actually have Trbojevic and Oates ahead of Gagai.

Maloney will be having neck surgery.

Campbell-Gillard has been poor for a couple of months now.

Springs09

Juniors
Disagree on all 3. I would actually have Trbojevic and Oates ahead of Gagai.

Maloney will be having neck surgery.

Campbell-Gillard has been poor for a couple of months now.

My choice would be Trbojevic but Gagai will be there. McLean was out most of the year and McGuire and Klemmer didn't exactly set the world on fire.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
My choice would be Trbojevic but Gagai will be there. McLean was out most of the year and McGuire and Klemmer didn't exactly set the world on fire.

Australia are definitely a little weak up front. It was difficult to find front rowers in decent form. I thought McLean finished the year strongly.

Klemmer is a must. Taumalolo was the only forward to run for more metres than him this season.

Who would your replacements for McLean, McGuire and Klemmer then?

Matua

Bench
Are DCE and Munster really the best halves that Oz can play in this match?

If the Kiwis weren't so awful last year I'd be confident of a win in this match.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors

1. Tedesco
2. Addo-Carr
3. Inglis
4. Mitchell
5. Holmes
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. McGuire
9. Cook
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner
12. Frizzell
13. Trbojevic

14. Papalii
15. Crichton
16. McLean
17. Arrow

If they are going to pick a utility on the bench, I guess Ben Hunt is the best option with Michael Morgan out.
Personally I'd rather play another prop and keep Frizell out on the edge for 80 rather than play Chrighton. He's a good player but Frizell's in the prime of his career. Out on the edge he looks much more dangerous than Crichton but he isn't nearly as threatening in the middle.

Also on the utility front I reckon Ponga would a nightmare to handle out of dummy half.

1. Tedesco
2. Addo-Carr
3. Inglis
4. Mitchell
5. Holmes
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. McGuire
9. Cook
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner
12. Frizzell
13. Trbojevic

14. Papalii
15. Crichton
16. McLean
17. Arrow

New Roos Vs

1. RTS
2. Rapana
3. Manu
4. Marsters
5. Isaako
6. Hughes
7. Johnson
8. Bromwich
9. Levi
10. NAS
11. Proctor
12. Harris
13. Tapau

14. Nikorima
15. Ese'ese
16. Ah Mau
17. Tapine

Springs09

Juniors
Australia are definitely a little weak up front. It was difficult to find front rowers in decent form. I thought McLean finished the year strongly.

Klemmer is a must. Taumalolo was the only forward to run for more metres than him this season.

Who would your replacements for McLean, McGuire and Klemmer then?

I didn't say they shouldn't be there, I meant Campbell-Gillard went at least as good as them this year and no reason why he should be dropped.

TheFrog

Coach
New Roos Vs

1. RTS
2. Rapana
3. Manu
4. Marsters
5. Isaako
6. Hughes
7. Johnson
8. Bromwich
9. Levi
10. NAS
11. Proctor
12. Harris
13. Tapau

14. Nikorima
15. Ese'ese
16. Ah Mau
17. Tapine
RTS would be battling to recover from surgery in time. DWZ would retain his spot if so and would take a wing spot otherwise. You could not drop Fisher-Harris under any circumstances.

Last edited:

chrisD

Coach
They talking about selecting Woods. Don't they know he turns his back to the defence when he makes all his meters after contact and offloads. And he never pulls tough guy faces and had a shit haircut that time.