What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia's ODI Squad Announced

Doctor

Bench
No real surprises - Australia names a fairly predictable squad to play Sri Lanka in some One Dayers this month.

Martyn still there as expected, Hogg remains there as does Harvey, thanks to a couple of wickets recently.

Bichel is clearly now on the outer, missing out in favour of Michael Kasprowicz who looks to have taken his spot long-term - or at least until McGrath and Warne come back into contention.

The news:

http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/FEB/063230_CA_09FEB2004.html

The squad:
Ricky Ponting (captain) TAS
Adam Gilchrist (vice-captain) WA
Michael Bevan NSW
Michael Clarke NSW
Jason Gillespie SA
Brad Haddin NSW
Ian Harvey VIC
Matthew Hayden QLD
Brad Hogg WA
Michael Kasprowicz QLD
Simon Katich NSW
Brett Lee NSW
Damien Martyn WA
Andrew Symonds QLD
Brad Williams WA

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yeah I think thats a good sqaud, no suprises really, Haddin was always gonna be the backup keeper to Gilchrist. Good to see Katich in there, I thought he did well yesterday as a one day player.

As for the bowlers I think Lee, Dizzy, Kasper and Willow will clean em up, easy.

The Colonel

Immortal
Oswin said:
Bichel is clearly now on the outer, missing out in favour of Michael Kasprowicz who looks to have taken his spot long-term - or at least until McGrath and Warne come back into contention.

Kasprowicz is only there as back up due to the fact that either

a) he bowls well on the sub continent
b) McGrath did not play in the NSW Second XI
c) Hohns, Border and Boon do not see the necessity to blood a player like Tait, Rofe, Cleary or Wright and continue our success as a OD power.

Rustay

Juniors
No real surprises at all. Lets hope we can play as well as we did last night then 8)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Predictable but fair.

Hope McGrath and Warnie, are OK for the test series.

knights04

Bench
After Warne finishes playing for Victoria 2nd's he'll most likely join the Aussies and replace Hogg

Looks good, I'd still like to see bichel there, but you cant have ur way all the time i guess..

How long till bevan is ready to play? Or is he ready now?

Btw.. Can't wait to see warnie back..

aqua_duck

Coach
Would've liked to have seen Bracken in there after what he did on the subcontinental pitches in the TVS cup but I guess he's going to have to work his way back in.

Anonymous

Juniors
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Warne is back!

STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!STUEY!

Stuart MacGill-Hero to Australian Children!

Latest posts