What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ava Seumanufagai

JohnDoe

Juniors
According to a poster on the other forum. Ava Seumanufagai is interested in coming home, if he were to receive a reasonable offer from the club.

Could be a good piece of business by the club, if they did try to sign him

jaseg

Juniors
Not interested, we need someone better

Think Jacob Lillyman (a bit bigger though, younger and slightly better post contact - and still incrementally improving I would guess). He could be quite a useful piece - but not a main star.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
That's fair enough if there's someone better available. But if not he's still an improvement on our current stocks.
In my opinion he is equal to Gavet and Lisone. Not better Lillyman, Matulino or Vete. The only one he blows out of the water is Gubb and if that is the bar that we are setting for recruitment then so help us god.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yes.

Look at his 2016 stats, regularly came off the bench and made big, not just over 100m efforts but well over 100m efforts. Last week v Storm, 114m in 11 runs in 33 minutes. Made 139 and 166m v Storm last year, 146 v Cowboys, 145 v Dogs. Absolutely takes it to good opposition.

There's your #2 dog once Jake goes. Massive, MASSIVE upgrade on Gubb, Lisone, Gavet etc.

jaseg

Juniors
Lillyman Seumanufagai.jpg

That's Lillyman v Seumanufagai over the past 4 and a bit seasons (all of Ava's career, and the corresponding time for Lillyman). Even then, not really comparing apples with apples as Lillyman is on a gradual downward curve, while Ava is improving (including the only significant advantage Jake's numbers have here - his minutes per game... Ava averaged 41 minutes last year, without dropoff in per-minute output).

Really similar shape, Ava probably actually slightly better than I thought before putting them directly side by side.

TALbA = Tries, Linebreaks & Assists per 80 minutes
EPC = Errors & Penalties conceded per 80 minutes
TbOff = Tackle Breaks & Offloads per 80 minutes
(m80 is nothing, just a factor cell to avoid repeating equations)

Lillyman = Blue
Seumanufagai = Green

The rest should be fairly explanatory.

Seems like a really solid option to strengthen the stocks - so long as the price is decent.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Numbers that interest me the most from AS are 2016 (I'm going off NRL.com stats, pardon me if erroneous)

260 runs for 2514 total metres, almost 10m a carry. Only 17 missed tackles, 3 (?) errors (seems wrong, but wahey if not).Ran for 100+m 13 times, and some in the 140-160 region.

Sign sign sign.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The guy would be a big upgrade.

Our pack is small. He's not. Would add a massive point of difference that we don't currently have.

Big Marn

Juniors
how much of an upgrade over Matagi is he? If Matagi was still here he would be starting for sure right ? considering our current stock of props...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Bigger than Matagi, churns out more metres for the Tigers than Matagi ever did for us in similar minutes.

It's a start.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
how much of an upgrade over Matagi is he? If Matagi was still here he would be starting for sure right ? considering our current stock of props...

Matagi is onto his third club since he left us, he's a decent journeyman, nothing more