What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ayshford

TheManBearPig

Juniors
After watching him play for the past few weeks, I think it's fair to say his piss poor attempts at what some would call tackles have been one of the main reasons for our problems in defense. The second try by Reynolds in the game so far issues testimony to that. He just gives up which is the most annoying thing of all.

gronkathon

First Grade
He is pretty bad.

The other thing you will notice on the Reynolds try is that Moltzen gives up and is overtaken in the chase by Adam f**king Blair.

Great effort tonight.
Woods, Farah, Utai, Moors particularly excellent
Korborete needs more ball. Fullback? Or just a decent centre inside him?

Blair is a farkin softc*ck braindead merkin
Moltzen is a farkin gimp mother farker
f**k! I hate those two c*cks!

Time for Ayshford to go.
Signed four year contract while in purple patch last year.... hhmmm....

Brohman on 2GB said at with about 15 to go that the Tigers need Moors on if they are to win this. Moors was outstanding tonight.

Interesting that Sheens punted Moltzen immediately he dropped that ball tonight, Sheens punts him for that and yet in the past he wouldn't punt him, Sheens is an odd one.

Thank god for Farah, Woods, Moors, Ellis and Galloway tonight.

Great effort and will give them heaps of confidence for the last 2 rounds.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Ayshford was poor in defence tonight. Out of position a lot of the time and was often grabbing at thin air.
Overall I was pleased with most of the team. A lot of them put in, and we looked good when running straight in the second half. We were also dudded by the refs - Robbie had a legit try disallowed, Woods almost did as well, and the Doggies scored from a blatant obstruction.
Was it the loss we had to have? :crazy:

R2Coupe

Juniors
Old Time Tiger

I think you will find Moltzen dislocated a finger and had it put back in and strapped. The reason why Simona was on.

Moltzen played well.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
After watching him play for the past few weeks, I think it's fair to say his piss poor attempts at what some would call tackles have been one of the main reasons for our problems in defense. The second try by Reynolds in the game so far issues testimony to that. He just gives up which is the most annoying thing of all.

Ellis got in his way.

gronkathon

First Grade
The finger dislocation was prior to the dropped ball, he was hooked for that. Bought back on later to play in the halves which actually worked.

Moors was great tonight, going back to the fullback point Marika scored the next play but if we had a real fullback they would have taken an offload from Moors and been in untouched next to the posts but he had to wait for Ellis and he came close.

Point is that if we want Moltzen to play in the halves in attack name him there and name a fullback who will return the ball hard, run those courage lines on the inside balls from Marshall and maybe even Moltzen and support the ball carrier at the ruck.

Not f**king rocket science

Tiger05

First Grade
Interesting that Sheens punted Moltzen immediately he dropped that ball tonight, Sheens punts him for that and yet in the past he wouldn't punt him, Sheens is an odd one.

Sheens is a funny one like this but I'll tell you something when someone has to go it happens. The thing is it happens slowly.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
After looking at a few Tigers games I recorded from last year to this year, I can safely say that for some reason, Ayshford's defence technique has changed a lot .

he used to slide really well, now his lateral movement is non-existant. He's standing flat a lot and running straight in defence when the opposition's attack is sliding.

He's also not using his shoulders anywhere near as often or with as much force as he did last year, in fact some of his tackles remind me of how Benji used to tackle after his shoulder operations (which he still slips back into from time to time) - Standing and grapping at the player high, not leading with the shoulder or the body.

Its the first time his technique has changed, and its woeful.

gronkathon

First Grade
Alot has to do with the chance in defensive coach coupled with his ongoing back issues and wrist injury that requires off season surgery.

Still not good enough though

Arm tackling again hurt us,and the main culprits are on our wide edges where the Dogs did their damage.Beau,Ayshford,Marshall,Moltzen repeat offenders.

innsaneink

Referee
How much better did we look with Simona charging the ball back?

A sight for sore eyes was that....been a long time since we saw a #1 run hard like that

Ayshford really needs a few hard kicks in the arse....I'd be prepared to sack him altogether....get that chase stanley from saints if we could

R2Coupe

Juniors
With the success of Koroibete, Woods and BMM, why wouldn't our club look to its juniors for a new centre? Isn't that the reason we have our juniors? Seems to me Nofoaluma is an outstanding talent in the making.

The news the Tigers have another young Fijian winger to play in the U20s next year is very good.