What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B2

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Lots of talk about the QLD cup 26yr old Berrell coming in and possibly taking B2s spot or even McInnes starting at 9.

I reckon neither of these will happen and Blayke will thrive under the guidance of Fitz and added leadership of Finucane and McInnes.

I know he is on a lot of peoples notice lists but I reckon he excels.

What do you think?

I think his game will benefit from change of attitude in the forwards, competition for his spot , and possibly being used differently by the coach. Maybe kept out of initial tough stuff at start of the halves. Look forward to seeing what happens. Hope he kicks on.

Special K

Coach
SJ and Townsend leaving helps B2 find his voice this year. Also it took Jayden 3 seasons to find his feet

R-15-3

Bench
I have McInnes starting and Braily coming off the bench at 15 min mark with McInnes moving back to lock.
The same way Melbourne used Smith in parts this year.
Especially the first half of the season.
Gives the option of a short stint power forward to and finish 2.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Lots of talk about the QLD cup 26yr old Berrell coming in and possibly taking B2s spot or even McInnes starting at 9.

I reckon neither of these will happen and Blayke will thrive under the guidance of Fitz and added leadership of Finucane and McInnes.

What do you think?

He's on my notice list, but to be fair, it's taken 2 years for him to get on it as the whole team faded.

I'm happy to send the jury out and see what greater changes all around him bring to changes in himself.

Weaponhead

Coach
I've been harsh on him because he's been ordinary however having to cover that cat woods in defence has taken its toll. A new start hopefully.
Spot on. He was spotted in defence as the Sharks had no deterrent. Woods and Tolman sure ain't Les Davidson or Steve Kneen. This blunted his attacking game. He is young and playing in a key position but it's time to grow up now. He won't be allowed to coast.

Tiger Shark

Bench

What do you think?
I think there’s zero chance Berrell takes Braileys spot. He MIGHT provide some competition and require Brailey to lift but I think the addition of McInnes will be the greatest motivator and not only in that he can take his spot but how he’ll help improve Brailey.

I feel the criticism on Brailey is too much. He played every game and 80mins. That’s a lot of energy with not much help from the middles.

Not many 80 min hookers any more. If he gets a 20min rest each game he’ll have more in attack imo. His service is second to none.

crazy pineapple

Juniors
bang on tiger.

he aces the basics and with experience and the right players around him he could be our hooker for the next 10 years

Frenzy.

Immortal
I think there’s zero chance Berrell takes Braileys spot. He MIGHT provide some competition and require Brailey to lift but I think the addition of McInnes will be the greatest motivator and not only in that he can take his spot but how he’ll help improve Brailey.

I feel the criticism on Brailey is too much. He played every game and 80mins. That’s a lot of energy with not much help from the middles.

Not many 80 min hookers any more. If he gets a 20min rest each game he’ll have more in attack imo. His service is second to none.

When he's not tired. When he fatigues he can throw some pineapples from D.H.. Grubbers, bean balls, wides etc. Nearly every game in fact.

Anyway, as I said, I'll let the jury retire and see what happens with the changes. Giving him a rest will be a good change.

bluefox68

Staff member
So does that mean that we now have a new B1 and B2?

B1 - Brailey
B2 - Berrell

Last edited:

ghoti

Bench
Dunno why Brailey would be on notice tbh, I feel like he's one of our only guys who've cemented and owned their role in the team.. agreed with comments above that he's been left to fend for himself in defence too much next to Woods (and Rudolph, BHU, Williams occasionally who have some of the worst hit and stick in the comp).. but has he really let us down that much?

The pressure to kick on and be an elite hooker is probably coming too early, he seems coached to focus on basics, but his work out of dummy half when he feels.like moving is fkn tops.

He'll start almost every game imo.. McInnes is jacked to play as a middle, Berrell is there for depth and an opportunity

Meanhfish

Juniors
I think his playing time will be better manages and he won’t have to do all the heavy lifting in middle defence he had to do this year. CM will play lock after the first 20 but will be a ball playing lock which I can’t remember the sharks having since Miller. Point also about CT and Johnson not being there will allow Brailey to run set plays and choose who is to receive out of dummy half giving him more freedom to play “his“ game.

DJDL

Bench
I think his playing time will be better manages and he won’t have to do all the heavy lifting in middle defence he had to do this year. CM will play lock after the first 20 but will be a ball playing lock which I can’t remember the sharks having since Miller. Point also about CT and Johnson not being there will allow Brailey to run set plays and choose who is to receive out of dummy half giving him more freedom to play “his“ game.

Greg Bird? Nick Graham? Tawera Nikau?

And Miller was primarily a second rower from what I recall.

But I get your point. It seems an eternity.