What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back to the future with Gerard Beale

Dragons4me

Juniors
Attention: NRL
Re: New send-off rules.

Please be advised one Beale G. has now signed on with the St George Illawarra Dragons.
Please spell his name correctly when your Bunker officials send him off for a high tackle this upcoming weekend in keeping with your preferences to selected favoured teams.
Yours reluctantly
Dragons fans.

Illusion

Bench
Attention: NRL
Re: New send-off rules.

Please be advised one Beale G. has now signed on with the St George Illawarra Dragons.
Please spell his name correctly when your Bunker officials send him off for a high tackle this upcoming weekend in keeping with your preferences to selected favoured teams.
Yours reluctantly
Dragons fans.
To be honest was never a fan of him when he was at his prime ...... so for me is only a fill in ....

Old Timer

Coach
If everyone gets their wish to see the young hopefuls get their shot in 1st grade you have to remember we have to also field a reserve grade side

That reserve grade side will have to call upon the kids to help them take the field so IMO if Beale is here to help them then it is a good outcome and if we do get even more desperate and gave to call on GB then that is just unfortunate.

Walpole

Juniors
Let's not get carried away, Beale's almost doing us a favour (for not a huge reward I'd say). He won't play 1st grade unless we have a truck load of injuries and suspensions which, come to think of it, we do have. And he's not exactly Lachlan Maranta, Beale's played almost 200 NRL games and represented NZ so he's got a bit more quality and experience if nothing else. Still plenty of room in the cap for Tommy Turbo...

Brutalitops

Juniors
Continues our reputation for a club that seems to only land cheap journeyman that know one else wants. Been a long time since we landed a big fish.....probably Widdop & then he bailed out mid contract.
We are absolutely decimated from injury and suspension, and he's on a train and trial contract. Honestly, what do people expect halfway through a season in response to this crisis, to negotiate a release for Latrell or something?

True_Believer

Juniors
I’d just be happy with any player currently playing in the NRL & under 30 years old.....that is all!

We've probably got limited cap space left and anybody currently in the NRL is going to be looking for more than we can likely afford to spend. This is purely to fill an obvious gap short term. If you are to believe the reports we've got something like 13 first graders injured or suspended. So we need to be smart about trying to plug the holes. This is a very good option at this point in time.

Crush

Coach
We've probably got limited cap space left and anybody currently in the NRL is going to be looking for more than we can likely afford to spend. This is purely to fill an obvious gap short term. If you are to believe the reports we've got something like 13 first graders injured or suspended. So we need to be smart about trying to plug the holes. This is a very good option at this point in time.
Geez, you truely are a True Believer mate!
I cannot see how this bloke can plug a hole, he may make a few holes.
He was an average player in his prime. Now he’s been plucked from a Queensland Cup side? Cmon, this ain’t gonna work surely!