What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back to the future with Gerard Beale

TruSaint

Referee
Mate, there must be players in England prepared to pay us to come live by the beach given the shit fight over there!
And surely we can still take players from within our lower systems, can’t we look outside our 30 now?
Why is every player we get a mate of someone at the club or an ex-player coming home?
Whatever.

@Crush , mate its a stop gap measure.

No more, no less. We are 1-2 injuries / suspensions away from recalling Reece Simmonds.

We are no title threat, but we are i think fighting for a spot in the bottom of the 8.

As long as he trains and is fit, he could prove to be very valuable.

I have no doubt with the new Oztag rules, we will see more injuries and or suspensions. He plugs a hole in the backline.

Crush

Coach
@Crush , mate its a stop gap measure.

No more, no less. We are 1-2 injuries / suspensions away from recalling Reece Simmonds.

We are no title threat, but we are i think fighting for a spot in the bottom of the 8.

As long as he trains and is fit, he could prove to be very valuable.

I have no doubt with the new Oztag rules, we will see more injuries and or suspensions. He plugs a hole in the backline.
Cool, I will keep a close eye on his performances for us and let’s chat more about this soon :wink:

Old Timer

Coach
Which people think we can land a big signature mid season?
Obviously most of the people that are bemoaning this signing.

TBPH anything north of Beale would be a big signing if the truth be known as there is SFA out there to be had unless a club with real cap pressure is "forced" to offload and even saying that with the way the league are now sinning / sending off and players going down injured there is little likelihood of that now anyway.

I mean to say there is even some groaning about why we don't get someone from England FFS.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Beale is just a depth signing, nothing more, nothing less. The fact its a training contract says a lot and coincidently these players can play 1st grade from now. The fact he has experience is the motivating factor and very cheap not even impacting our salary cap. Will he play 1st grade? Imo not immediately. He wont be NRL standard fit. I think he was 'named' as some monitoring on Ramseys ankle this week.

Btw, Beales' stats for the Brisbane Tigers this year:
Played 6
Tries 1
Try assists 4
Line breaks 1
Tackle breaks 14
Tackle efficiency 80.8%
Ave running mtrs 83

Nothing to write home about, and nothing better than our current KOE Cup players. The only difference is experience and would explain why he wasnt immediately placed in the top 30
Squad.

Gareth67

First Grade
My mate Horace from Gundagai gave me a call on Monday night and said that the Dragons had signed a Kiwi international and it would be announced on the morrow .

Well I was about to post that little tit-bit on the rumors thread , until I realized that Horace tends to embellish things somewhat - although he did predict the stock market crash back in the 20’s .

Now I glad that I didn’t . :flushed:

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I would take Beale at centre over Billy burns since his famous don't pass to ravalawa with the line wide open ,he's gone backwards. ..... Maybe playing against his former team might bring out something in him ....

boardlumps62

Juniors
Burns is an up and coming young player starting his career. He’s not a centre you’re right. But I would prefer Burns to learn his craft out there and make mistakes than bring an average player out of retirement to “plug a hole”.
It’s not like we are making a run at the premiership this year.
But Hook is trying to save our season doesn't want to finish last.

HenryTatana

Juniors
Isn’t Charlie Runcimen playing in the reggies?
He’s got experience plus he’s currently in the system. If Hook’s looking for a stop gap, I’m sue he can perform no worse or better than Beale. Plus he can save some money for a bigger fish later in the year.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
He’s got experience plus he’s currently in the system. If Hook’s looking for a stop gap, I’m sue he can perform no worse or better than Beale. Plus he can save some money for a bigger fish later in the year.

Yes- Charlie is a utility player these days- centre and second row- but was highly regarded by his last club in the ESL.

Gareth67

First Grade

Yes- Charlie is a utility player these days- centre and second row- but was highly regarded by his last club in the ESL.

I also didn’t mind Charlie Runciman , he a big unit and as you gents have said plenty of experience and that is what the team desperately requires news .

BLM01

First Grade
Not even close to NRL level nowadays unfortunately....likely never again.
He is not in our Top 30. has reggies contract.
Beale a better back option but still not great.

BLM01

First Grade
I would take Beale at centre over Billy burns since his famous don't pass to ravalawa with the line wide open ,he's gone backwards. ..... Maybe playing against his former team might bring out something in him ....
Hay..Burns set up Ravas try on the wing last week in the 2nd half. Almost forward but did.
I am probably different to most. I see a good backrower footballer in Burns..he is young and I think will develop and has good potential.
He is a fish out of water at centre ATM but not for much longer.

possm

Coach
I just hope we don't block our young guns coming through. Before you know it there will be all sorts of offers for your youngsters and we're stuck with these players 'with plenty of experience' like beal and Runciman.

FlameThrower

Bench
Not sure about this at all, i know we are short on troops but where would he fit in. TBH our season is starting to unravel now, I’d be looking to get these hyped up juniors some game time. The team needs to adopt a seize mentality and toughen and smarten up.
First task, beat the Sharks at ‘there home ground’ - if that is not enough to fire our guys up and put some fire in the belly, then nothing will...

Latest posts