What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backline in years to come

southsport

First Grade
Given Latrell's injury and the fact that Cody is approaching retirement before too long my backline going forward in coming years not too far away is looking like......

1. Kalokalo
2. AJ
3. Latrell
4. CG
5. Karapani
6, Taaffe
7. Ilias

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Given Latrell's injury and the fact that Cody is approaching retirement before too long my backline going forward in coming years not too far away is looking like......

1. Kalokalo
2. AJ
3. Latrell
4. CG
5. Karapani
6, Taaffe
7. Ilias
This may be the theoretical plan, but I'm not sure I see it materialized.
My view on the Latrell to centres has already been discussed.
Taafe is unproven at 5/8, and while he has the speed and running game, he hasn't really demonstrated any form of kicking game, so far, or controlling a game or team. That's not to say he can't or won't.
Latrell to 5/8 to me makes more sense and is a better fit but that leaves Taafe out in the cold, unless you shift him to fullback, and as I've said previously, contact on kick returns and digging the ball out from our line is a problem.

southsport

First Grade
This may be the theoretical plan, but I'm not sure I see it materialized.
My view on the Latrell to centres has already been discussed.
Taafe is unproven at 5/8, and while he has the speed and running game, he hasn't really demonstrated any form of kicking game, so far, or controlling a game or team. That's not to say he can't or won't.
Latrell to 5/8 to me makes more sense and is a better fit but that leaves Taafe out in the cold, unless you shift him to fullback, and as I've said previously, contact on kick returns and digging the ball out from our line is a problem.
I just started a discussion point to get people's different views as to what they think might happen or what they would like to see.

Another player whose name has popped up as a possible winger is Chaise Robinson.

big hit!

Bench
You can't really state what the backline or team will be as it is capable of changing, some players may not kick on, new players are brought into the club, etc.

Those players are all at the club now, and that's really the only reason that backline has been mooted.

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

1. Kalokalo
2. AJ
3. Latrell
4. CG
5. Karapani
6, Taaffe
7. Ilias

I think latrell is our long term fullback. I dont think his hamstring is an issue. I have concerns over our long term left centre and I think that should be a recruitment focus.