What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad career moves

t-ba

Post Whore
Dogaholic said:
Tuquiri > Union
Sailor> Union
Rogers> Union
Blacklock> Union

etc etc etc

Covnersely, it was a great career move for a number of our lower graders...

t-ba

Post Whore
domdom said:
hegarty to souths was pretty poor. his move showed

sam harris' whole career was one bad career move to the next. the perpetual 18th man is now not even getting a game for an injury ravaged tahs outfit. i'm fat and old and i'm thinking i could have a better footy career than him....

Yeah, but could you demolish a family pizza a few hours before kick off like Sam the Man could?

A classic case of all the talent in the world but a terrible, terrible attitude.

langpark

First Grade
t-ba said:
Yeah, because a Man Of Steel award and a key role in securing St Helens the Treble indicated a bad career move...

Cannings > Eels
Chris Walker > Soufs
Chris never played for them, Shane and Ben did.

Fien to Warriors anyone? considering the form he was in when he left the Cowboys anyway

t-ba

Post Whore
langpark said:
Chris never played for them, Shane and Ben did.

Yes, he did. He ran off after a couple of games at the start of the 2003 season, and ended up at the Rorters after Souths Released him.

langpark

First Grade
t-ba said:
Yes, he did. He ran off after a couple of games at the start of the 2003 season, and ended up at the Rorters after Souths Released him.
ah that's rite! it's all coming back to me now. My bad.

Dutchy

Immortal
Cannings move to Parra didnt ruin his career..if he even had 1

He would have been the same if it wasnt for so many injuries

bad luck rather than club

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
t-ba said:
Yeah, because a Man Of Steel award and a key role in securing St Helens the Treble indicated a bad career move...

Cannings > Eels
Chris Walker > Soufs

yeah it was, when he left he was our premier test centre. He'd be lucky to crack the NSW team atm. He has done well in the ESL, but staying at parra would have done him and our club the world of good. f**king Judas.

t-ba

Post Whore
no.2_lukeburt said:
yeah it was, when he left he was our premier test centre. He'd be lucky to crack the NSW team atm. He has done well in the ESL, but staying at parra would have done him and our club the world of good. f**king Judas.

He played test football last year, one of the few players in the games history to play test football for Australia whilst being based in the UK...

As a Parra fan it is indeed your job to hate him, but get some perspective. Maybe if he continues his ho-hum form you could say 'Jamie Lyon > Manly'.

FunkyMonk

Juniors
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
Get off the drugs!

You get ON the drugs. You need some hardcore prescripitions if you think Covell is good. He can kick goals, but that's about it. Should go play soccer!

domdom

Juniors
no.2_lukeburt said:

this was always a thread that was going to bring out the bitter and twisted parra fans.

i'm suprised there isnt more ill feeling towards the chairman and brian smith for they way they handled the issue.

ShineDog

Juniors
thurston from the dogs to cowboys (he used to be so good)
price to the warriors (has bin)
=====================================

Ice777

Bench
ShineDog said:
thurston from the dogs to cowboys (he used to be so good)
price to the warriors (has bin)
=====================================

Surely you're taking the piss? :sarcasm:

Raider_69

Post Whore
by no means a bad career move but I think Wiki's move to the warriors probably hasnt been as successful as he'd hoped, he was considered canberra royalty, was much adored by the fans for his passion and the way he played the game. I think in a team full of NZ'ers he isnt as much of a standout and probably not as appreciated by the fans as he was for canberra (base that soley on this forum)

Latest posts