What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bailey not playing against Souths?

Collateral

Coach
Heard today that Bailey is in doubt against Souths as he is still struggling with the back injury.
Hope its not true and he and Ryles can last the rest of the season on the field for us! :D

Bailey was confident last week that he would play and was hoping to play against the Bulldogs. Maybe he has aggrevated his back?
Lets hope not. :cry:

Anonymous

Juniors
Its very unlikely that he'll play. When they named a 5 man bench, it imediately became suss that Bailey was the one struggling to right. We'll know on Sunday.
In any case, I'd rather he was rested for this match is there's a risk.

Collateral

Coach
Yeah I agree Willow. Souths is a good game to have if we need to rest Bailey for 1 more week. But it is still a little dissappointing that he probably wont be played.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Heard today that Bailey is in doubt against Souths as he is still struggling with the back injury.
Hope its not true and he and Ryles can last the rest of the season on the field for us! :D

Bailey was confident last week that he would play and was hoping to play against the Bulldogs. Maybe he has aggrevated his back?

The above is the first post on this forum or was it copied over from Jubilee Ave??

It's Uncle Rick so he's probably come from the past to post. Rick, I don't think if it matters if Bailey plays or not. We're not going to win anything until 2010. If you travel to the future any time soon, find oujt when we're going to win next. If it's not for ten f*****ng years or longer I'll get another hobby.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The above is the first post on this forum or was it copied over from Jubilee Ave??
The date is about right. The forums you see here started in early 2003.

But the oldest posts on LU are from 2000-2001 and come from Jubilee Avenue. As Rufus said, these were migrated over from the old Msn boards when NineMsn pulled the pin on their forums (in 2007).

Jubilee Avenue itself is older though, it was a Bulletin board in 1997, started by Glenn Baker. In 2000, the Jubilee Ave members moved to WORL (World of Rugby League) Msn boards. WORL was run by a Canterbury supporter, Matto who set up a subboard for the Jubilee Avenue members.

Meanwhile LWOS (Legends World of Sport) was started in early 2001, also on Msn. WORL and LWOS were different forums, but it really was a small Rugby League online community compared to what we see today. It's fair to say in the early 2000s, despite any 'rivalries' we all kind of knew each other.

It was around this time that I found out that Msn Groups has placed a use-by date on their forums. They would be reviewing it or shutting it all down after about 5 years, so the decision was made on LWOS to move away from NineMsn and set up on our own independent server. There were a few attempts to launch this alternative forum from 2001-2003, but we got there in the end. This is the one that stuck in April/May 2003.

In 2007 Nine Msn did indeed give notice that they were shutting down their forums. The race was then on to migrate as many posts as possible from Jubilee Ave and LWOS. We had a few teething problems but it was ultimately a successful transition.

The Jubilee Ave posts are all there above the LU Saints forum. The LWOS posts were archived in the classic threads section at the bottom of the main message board.

LU has now been here for 16 years, much longer than Msn or Multiply (one of the other options). And I just realised that Jubilee Ave has been been here for 12 years now, that's five years longer than the Msn boards.

History lesson over, don't blame you if you dozed off half way through. lol.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Was this guy a member?

images

avocado

Juniors

It’s spelt ‘Souffs”

Get with it

Latest posts